Worms!!!!!!!!!

Lanzo

LAN
O.K the reason why i enterd the forum is to expand my mind on reef keeping and to solve all of my problems and to make my DT a kickass Reef enviroment!!!!

For 6months now i have problems with some kind of worm thant comes out at night.(long and havent got any hare or stuff on it)
I caught one one night with a pair of tweesers.
I thouth the bugger is now gon for ever.But i was wrong by button polyps was stil dissepering.Then one night i saw a bristel worm(the one with the air)
2 weeks later i caugth him to.
@months has passed and now i saw a big big big bristel and a very long worm with no hair.

How can i get rid of them?

Don't get rid of them! Bristleworms are good! They are an excellent part of a cleaner crew and will help to keep your water quality good. They eat detritus, old food and anything that dies that would otherwise spoil your tank. A good bristleworm population is a sign that your tank is maturing. Bristleworms will NOT harm or eat your corals. There is another type called a fireworm that is red and silver. These may eat your corals. So if you see one that is red and silver, I'd try to take it out. But any that are pink, tan or brown, leave in. I have some in my tank that are up to 8 inches long.

Those bristle worms are great additions to your clean up crew.And I'll bet the other worms are peanut worms.There great for your tank too.
Leave them a lone unless you actually see them eatting something they shouldnt be.

This worm that eats my polyps is doing alot of damage.Since last year OCTOBER it ate half of my polyps i'll paste a before and after pic later this week on here.
This worm is purple or blue,i'm littel bit colour blind(OOPS!! NOT MY FAULT HEHE)
A bristel worm is the one with the pikes on it??

Yeah,bristle worms have little hairs growing on them.

Try to get us a picture of the worm thats eatting the polyps.

I agree with Yote and Biff to a degree.In my DT,as long as the bristle worms are small and not overpopulated,they stay in.They are great detrivores.When and if I find any that are large than I remove those.They are ugly and take away the beauty.Plenty of other great critters that eat detris.

Sorry,I don't know of any worms that feed on polyps.

Look! I made a graphic for this thread! Geez, I'm so talented.

f051616t.jpg

i went hunting with the camera last night but they didn't come out.
I'll try again tonight.
NICE PICTURE OF THE WORM!

depends on each person how you will react too. i know some people that thier skin will get sooo agitated that they will itch it raw. does away later in the day then you wake up again and you hand itches like you wouldnt believe. luckily this hasnt happened to me

nice pic biffy

Back