Would this work for a sump?

Lizardgi

I used to have lizards
I'm looking to upgrade my mini 10 gallon sump on my 125 gallon. They way I built my stand back in the day with a center brace means I can't fit a tank with a width more than 32 inches down below. Would it be okay to have two 20 gallon tanks as part of the sump as pictured below? Do you see any problems with this setup? Are there any issues having the skimmer after the fuge or should I switch the two around? Thanks!!

Sump Setup.jpg

After doing a bunch of quick research myself, it looks like having the return in the middle would be ideal, as you can have lower flow in the fuge but higher in the skimmer. I may have to rethink my plans....

I have two tanks myself, a 30 for the refugium and a 55 for the sump.. I split the drainline and ran one line to the refugium and the other to the sump.. put a ball valve in the line going to the refugium so I can control the flow to it.. then I dump the refugium into the sump to run it through the skimmer, then all of the water goes to the pump to go back to the main.. I run about 80 to 100 gph through the refugium..

Back