xenia fragging

If you are worried about aiptasia spreading to the display tank, put a UV sterilizer downstream of the fuge, that way any babies that get transported in the water will be killed off before they reach the main tank.

And about keeping xenia in my fuge, I can't even keep them alive in my display tank, what makes you think they'd survive in my fuge?

or you could get peppermint shrimp and or a copperband like me. I saw aptasia at first in my 36 but then i never saw it again after the peppermints.

I've got em in both tanks. havnt seen an aptasia in months. bought aptasia control, havnt had to even use it. a 125 is pretty big though. how many did you get? maybe you didn't have enough to keep up.

Last edited:
i think im gona try a pair on my nano..cand do so in my 20g..already have a arrow and a banded coral...recipe for massacre....

speaking of peppermint shrimp and coral banded shrimp.... I bought two pepermint shrimp a month ago. guess what happened again. My bastard of a CBS killed them. None of my lfs will take him because hes to agressive. The second I got the sump/fuge running on my 75 I threw his @$$ in there. He has been sentenced to life. If another one of my crabs come up missing my sallys @$$ is joining him.
About the xenia Mine was doing great in my 55 befor I tore it down. I fragged it and put half in my ex's 12 gallon JBJ nano and the other half I transported to the new 75. I went to the ex's to pick up some of my stuff and looked in her tank, her xenia is doing great. But mine is freakin melting away. I cant figure it out.

About the xenia Mine was doing great in my 55 befor I tore it down. I fragged it and put half in my ex's 12 gallon JBJ nano and the other half I transported to the new 75. I went to the ex's to pick up some of my stuff and looked in her tank, her xenia is doing great. But mine is freakin melting away. I cant figure it out.

It's called karma :).

Back