xenia

steelcity

Reefing newb
I had a frag on a square tile. Had two branches on it. I put it in the sand and lightly covered the tile with the sand. I've had the frag for I guess 2 months. At first I had them in a moderate flow area. I then picked up my duncan head and put the duncan in the spot and moved the xenia to an area with not as much flow.

Both heads have managed to come off of the tile and have attached themselves to small shells in the sand. Are they not happy and trying to move or possibly dying? They looked good but just decided to up and detach themselves.

Xenia can and will move.They'll usually walk their way up towards the light,leaving baby xenias as they go.
What your seeing with yours is perfectly normal.

yep mine are starting to attatch to my overflow. man i wish the lfs could take more i am about to start throwing them in the trash.

i hope by trash you mean my tank! you could allways send me a couple and be the one that puts the first coral in my tank!

I don't know if there is any truth to this, but I have been told that xenia doesn't ship very well. Any one else heard this?

How much is shipping for something like that...I know you'd probably need to do it overnight so that's at least $30, but then you have to pay for packaging and whatever else; how much is all that?

:sad: Actually I just learned last night that my hermit is not reef safe (big surprise :ugh:)

I recently got two small frags, a hammer coral and a galaxy coral, just to see how they would do in my tank and how well I could take care of them. Because of my hermit and my lighting, I made sure to keep them up high in my tank, but I should have know better with Ol' "Crab Kong" in my tank. After 3 days of coral appearing healthy, I came home last night from a family BBQ and there was my hermit at the highest point in my tank, on top of what was left of my galaxy coral :pissed:...Then again, only a $5 loss, so it didn't bother me too much especially since the hammer was untouched and should have been easier to reach. I figured, the crab just must have had some beef with the galaxy and didn't care for the hammer...NOPE :frustrat: woke up this morning to the crab still chilling on top of my rock, but now over by the stump that once was a $20 hammer coral :pissed: x2.

So long story short...I learned a $25 lesson that I pretty much assumed to begin with, and unfortunately will be sticking with a FOWLR tank until I can set-up a seperate predator tank and a reef tan because I ain't getttin' rid of my hermit.

Back