xzena ?

Marke86

Coral Junkie
I took my anenome back my bastard ass LFS only gave me half my money back oh well lesson learned so I bought an xzena i believe thats what it is called not the big toad stoal looking ones , but any ways how hardy is this choice of coral?
thank you
mark

xenia does really well in some tanks, and just melts away in others. I have allways had good luck with it. and have found it to be a very hardy coral. It grows to weed like proportions in my tank. I have to trim it back every couple of months.

Xenias are a hit or miss.They either grow like a weed or wither away as Fish mentioned.It also depends on the species and if they were aquacultured or wild caught.I find the Silver Tip varieties the most prolific growers.There are some Blue Xenia that are considered super difficult.

Like Fish and Reef said.Xenias either going to grow like a weed or die.There dont seem to be any in between with it.
That being said.If its going to like your tank.Its gonna be super easy.

In my old 55 gallon tank, I couldn't keep xenia alive to save my life. It always just disintigrated within days of me adding it to the tank. When I tried a piece in my new 240, it spread like crazy. So I have no idea why they hit or miss, but if they do well then they are super easy.

Back