Yay I have ICH update and question

JohnVH

Reefer Madness
ICH update.
Fish are doing well and eating. I managed to get most of my inverts and all of my frags into the quarantine tank except one little bugger of a cleaner shrimp. I have tried a trap, did not work. He does not come near me any more now that he knows that I am trying to catch him.
One of my poor clowns gets so stressed when I try to catch the shrimp with a net (that's how I got the other one out). The poor little guy just lies on the bottom corner of the tank and breaths very rapidly when ever the net is in the tank. He picks up right away after the net comes out of the tank. So far so good I will be starting the Hyposalinity treatment as soon as I am able to get the last cleaner shrimp out of the tank. Any ideas how I might be able to get the little guy out?

Did you take the rock out? If you leave the rock in the tank during the treatment, it won't fare well. I'd think if the rock was out the shrimp wouldn't be tough to catch.

I have taken out all my most thriving rock I have left in most of my base rock but I may have to remove some more.

I managed to get the last Cleaner Shrimp out. I only have a little rock left in the DT most of it is in the QT now. Now I plan to get the salinity down to 1.009-1.008 over the next 2-3 days.

Back