Yellow Clown Goby skinny?

Angelajean

I know that I don't know
Okay so I have had this yellow clown goby for a couple of months. He originally hung out on the bottom of the tank. Now he hangs out in the middle back of the tank.

We feed cyclopeeze, mysis feast and brine shrimp with spirulina, rotating them.
We feed everyday a small amount with the pumps off.
We were feeding every other day but noticed he was getting thin so we started feeding everyday for about 2 weeks now.
He is eating but he is still thin.

I read in a variety of places that he could have parasites. I do not have a quarantine tank so I have 2 questions.
1. Does it sound plausible that he would have parasites? We also have 2 small clowns and they are plump and fine.
2. If I need to medicate him, can I use one of the hang on cups and medicate him within the tank?

We have zoos and mushrooms so I do not want to dose the tank unless it is necessary.

Thanks for the help.
Angie

Hmmm...it could be a two things other fish outcompeting it for food or maybe it has parasites u could try spot feeding it but if its parasites theres not much to be done and I would not risk dosing when u dnt even know what type of parasite it is and kill ur corals hopefully more experienced pleople will chime in those were just my .02

Mine was puny looking for sometime, now he's a porker. He grew in length and then eventually chubbed up. Give it time.

Thanks. He keeps eating and bouncing around more so maybe he is coming out of it. He likes to play in the flowerpot coral with the clowns.
Thanks,
Angie

Maybe add a 2nd feeding just for him...if he's able to sit still, do a spot feed of the mysis one at a time, JUST for him...I normally don't say add more feeding, but just for maybe 2 or 3 days to see if you can fatten him up. But again, do it sparingly so as not to leave uneaten food behind. Then switch back to normal 1/day feeding.

Back