Yellow Clown

stormystormy11

Reef Addicted!
Are they just overly aggressive? I can't stick my hand in the tank without her attacking me! I have her in a 30 right now but was going to transfer her into a 75 later. My Firefin Goby hides in the rocks all day because of her. Will she be different in a bigger tank?
default.jpg

Are you talking about the maroon clowns? Those guys are very aggressive, but all clowns can be aggressive. They are in the damsel family, which is widely regarded as the meanest fish you can get.

But im not familiar with any "yellow clown" species.

It looks like a Clarkii clown to me...
There is a chance she would be different in a bigger tank, but the more important thing is the order you add the fish in. The most aggressive should go in last.

I made a video of this fish on UTube several months ago...See if if works..like I said I love the fish but she won't let anything next to her anemone. The anemone has doubled in size and has really bubbled up since then...wanted to transfer both to 75 when it was ready but didn't know if this fish is too aggressive.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cgdj66jDNBU]YouTube - Yellow Clown Fish.[/ame]

Clowns are naturally aggressive, especially when they have a territory (her anemone) to protect. I don't think moving her to a bigger tank will help -- she will still defend her home viciously.

Back