Yet another outbreak

yote

In Memoriam
Seems like I just cant get rid of cyno. Fought it for a month,thought I had it beat and now its back. Only this time ,instead of brown,,its a dark red. prams are Sg,1.023,,ammo. 0 trates .05 trites 0 ph 8.3 ,,phos. 0 running 2 emp.400's for circulation ,, 4penguin 1140 powerheads and a coralife superskimmer, 192 watts of coralife pc's at 10k with actinic. Tryed leaving the lights off for a week. WILL NOT USE CHEM_CLEAN only feeding every 4th day and then only what the fish will eat in 1 minute any suggestions would be greatly apprecated ,,,Thanks in advance Joe

If your system has good water circulation, then you may possibly be experiancing high co2 levels. The hepful articles under Cynobacteria and red slime algae has some very good information on how to do several tests and some things you can do to address the problem. until you know what the cause is you cannot address the problem long term. so, try the article and see if it dosnt give you some ideas. good luck and let us know how things go. The astea star shell snails will eat the cyno but I have not seen any available on the west coast for some time. they are not a cone shell but rather flat with blunt short spikes of shell at the edges. if you can find some put a dozen or so in and see it that helps also.

Last edited:
Back