Yotes 125

Yote,
Things look like they are going great. Keep it up and I love the coral. I agree with earlier posts about adding live rock. I didnt think I would ever get enough when I went from 75 to 175. Ended up going between 250 and 300lbs and the tank could easily hold another 100. Lighting I would go with capts recommendation at 3-175 or 3-250s. Heat hasn't been an issue yet for my tank with 2-250s and 1-400. It gets to 82 in the middle of the day. I run fans on the sump(2) and in the hood(2). If you are going open top then just have a room fan blowing across the top to disperse the heat. IMO build the lumenark knockoffs. You will be very happy with them. Are you doing an ATO? Open tops lose a lot of water. You know that though. Keep the picts comming and ask Santa for LR for your stocking.

Yeah,as of right now.I'm planning for 3-250 watters.Actually looking at an Outer Orbit fixture that also got 8 39 watt T-5s.Trying to work a trade for it.If I sale my 75gal,then I think I can take that money along with the 400 watt halides I've got,and get the fixture.
Also getting live rock a little at a time.I been hand picking the pieces I like at the store.

Nice pics Yote!!

Get a cable release for the camera. It allows you to snap the picture without touching the camera and moving or bumping it. :mrgreen: I used to take slide photos of my pottery with an old 35mm Minolta and Ectochrome film. The cable release is a must have for tripod work and good shots.

Don't get me wrong....... your pics are looking mighty fine. Just trying to help out.

I'm so jealous. You got a nice camera and you came home with a sweet new coral. Nice!!! :Cheers:

Nice addition! Pics are a world better. Love the close up shot, you can make out each polyp on the SPS. Very nice.

Do they make a cable release for digi cams?If they do,I'll have one.I been using the timer on the camera,which is great for corals,but the fish dont stay put long enough.

Merry Christmas Joe! Thanks for being my Secret Santa, I love the gift. I hope your new year brings you all the best of luck with this new system!

Merry Christmas Joe! Thanks for being my Secret Santa, I love the gift. I hope your new year brings you all the best of luck with this new system!

It was my pleasure Ryan:D But I got to confess.I had to have my wife do the shopping for me.And I almost opened the DVD to watch it.:mrgreen:

Nice stuff yote. Looks good and keep the pics coming. I am really learning with you as far as the camera goes. Pics of an aquarium are the most difficult I have dealt with.

Dustin,I got every VHS tape and DVD that Primos has made since 1990:D Deer,turkey,and everything in between.

Bigploch,Tank shots are tough.I've figured out that you about got to shoot straight on to keep the glass from distorting the pic.

Well,I just spent 9 hour at the LFS today.
So I'll have pics up in a little while,as soon as acclimation is complete.

He spent 9 hours at the LFS. What do you think he got. What color acropora today Yote?

Not an Acro this time Ryan:D
Its an encrusting monti.Actually got 2 different frags.But one of em was a freebie that was about to be tossed in the rock sump.Its bleached pretty bad,but there are still a few healthy looking polyps on it.
Just waiting on them to open up some now.

Back