Yotes 125

Hi yote,

What a great looking tank. I completely sympathize with you and your desire to get a butterfly fish. Let’s face it, for most of us, the angelfish and butterfly fish are the reason we started this hobby in the first place. I have always wanted a raccoon butterfly, but never dared. However, in my last tank I had some luck with a copper-banded butterfly. I think the key is to over-feed the fish and use a crazy-good protein skimmer to pick up the leftovers.

I tryed a couple of copperbands.I think they actually do better in tanks that have quiet a bit of aiptasia.Thats something I've noticed at the LFS any how.

And while I'm on my showcase thread.
I picked up a couple of frags this evening.Ones a Monti.Digitata.The other is an acro.Both are acclimating as I type:D

Figured I'd go ahead and post a pic of the SPS I picked up yesterday.
Not sure what exactly this one is.
4-23-09SPS.jpg

I'm going to try a Monti Digitata one more time.This one is small,but it was free.
Mini-Digi.jpg

A couple of better pics of my Candy Cane.
Full colony
CandyandHQIs.jpg

Caulastrea.jpg

i hope you have success with the digi yote, i dont see why you wont, they are some of the easiest SPS you can get

Seems like its the "easy" stuff I have trouble with.
Brought home a Duncan with 3 heads tonight:D I'll get pics of it when the camera battery recharges.

Yote, I hope everything works out for you. Back in 2003 I had to break down my well established tank for personal reasons. What I learned from that is that one never truly "leaves" the hobby, the hobby just gets delayed.

Yote, I hope everything works out for you. Back in 2003 I had to break down my well established tank for personal reasons. What I learned from that is that one never truly "leaves" the hobby, the hobby just gets delayed.

This is very true.

Figured I'd post a few pics of some more stuff I've added this week:D
Got this green Mille today.
Acroporamillepora.jpg

A Pocillopora I brought home yesterday.
Pocilloporaverrucasa.jpg

Duncanopsammia axifuga that I brought home Monday.
Duncanopsammiaaxifuga.jpg

Plus I picked up a 1 1/2" Monti Cap that I forgot to upload from my camera.But its nothing special,just a brown monti.Thought I see if I change my luck with em before I invested in another expensive monti.

DANG Yote, those are some great animals! That digi should grow like a weed. Who knows, it may even color up into something more beautiful! Green mille looks great, too.

Yote your layoff has been GREAT for your tank.

I aint gonna complain about being laid off :D
Between hunting,working at the LFS, and doing a few tank maintances,I've had a blast this past week and actually put a few extra dollars in my pocket that Jane dont know about:mrgreen:

I aint gonna complain about being laid off :D
Between hunting,working at the LFS, and doing a few tank maintances,I've had a blast this past week and actually put a few extra dollars in my pocket that Jane dont know about:mrgreen:

I don't condone male prostitution. :P

HAHAHA Soda
You'd love a couple of those cougars I've done maintances for.:D
Capt.
Nope,I didnt glue the Duncans to the overflow.Their just sitting next to it.Their already glued to a small rock.

Ya know,I might could build up enough store credit if I'd just help the customers and quit looking at whats in stock.
Brought home another 20lbs of rock tonight(actually last night now).10lbs of live and 10lbs of base.
Think I'll take a blindfold with my tomorrow.

Ya know,I might could build up enough store credit if I'd just help the customers and quit looking at whats in stock.
Brought home another 20lbs of rock tonight(actually last night now).10lbs of live and 10lbs of base.
Think I'll take a blindfold with my tomorrow.

How much LR does that put you at now?

Back