Yotes 125

Is it difficult to keep 2 tangs in a tank? I heard they're agressive toward other tangs, I recently got a sailfin dnwould iketo add a yellow if possible? Does the aggression lead to death or is just until they get their territories worked out?

Tangs that look similar to each other (and especially if they are of the same genus) usually fight. But if you get different looking tangs, they are fine. I had a yellow, sailfin and a kole in my 240 for years, they were fine.

What a beauty! Oh, and the fish is cool too. You're a lucky man, Yote.

C

Thanks Catherine.Gracie has to help me do EVEYTHING.:D Especially tank related.

Is it difficult to keep 2 tangs in a tank? I heard they're agressive toward other tangs, I recently got a sailfin dnwould iketo add a yellow if possible? Does the aggression lead to death or is just until they get their territories worked out?

I have noticed a little more aggression out of both the Tomini and my ABT since the Tomini's addition.But the ABT has gotten fairly aggressive in the last 6 months or so,but the Tomini has pretty much put him in his place.

It is about time some others in your family started taking up the hobby.

AWW You dont know the half of it.:mrgreen: Gracie wants a seahorse pipefish tank in her room.BUT,just not any tank,She wants one bigger that mine:shock:

Brought home a skinny Scribbled Rabbitfish this evening.But didnt get a chance to get any pics before he took off into the rock.:grumble:

Brought home a skinny Scribbled Rabbitfish this evening.But didnt get a chance to get any pics before he took off into the rock.:grumble:

I'm waiting to see the day when you get a pic. of something you just brought home "but lights out" or "before it took off into the rock." :mrgreen::mrgreen:

Can't wait to see the new add., congrats!

Last edited:
Welp.Heres a pic of Scribble the bony Rabbitfish.
Scribble.jpg

P1010874_0050.jpg

And here is another shot of the Firefin.
Fire.jpg

I hope him and the ABT are finally settling down.

What happened, did the shop run out of food?:D

You'd better throw a porkchop in there for him! LOL.

I love the picture of the tang trying to squeeze his big head in the picture of the rabbit. Nice addition.

Oh wow that guy is SKINNY!! My LFS had a scribbled last time I was in there. I asked him to feed it, and he says, "He eats all the time!" but of course he wouldn't touch the food that the guy put in for him. It looked as skinny as yours, so I didn't buy it.

To be so scraggly looking,he eats like a dang horse.:shock: So I'm sure he'll fatten up.
He actually came into the store looking like that,which pretty much pisses me off that a wholesaler would even ship a fish that poor out.

+1 Definitely a candidate for a PraziPro treatment.....but probably impossible to get out of the tank now.

Naw.:D I actually thought about that about 11 last night.So now his sitting in a little 10 gallon waitin to be treated.

He likes to sleep in the left front corner of the tank,next to my magfloat.o it was just a matter of reaching in and scooping him out.Didnt even use a net.:Cheers:

Back