Your Thoughts

Just going on what I've read and heard.I wouldnt trust them.
I'd rather spend the extra cash to be able to sleep at night and not have to worry about my family becoming homeless because of a cheap light for my reef tank.
But thats just me.

I agree with Yote. If you're going to invest money in strong lights, make sure its a quality product. If nothing else, the lights of the tank IMO should be high-quality.

Last edited:
well do you guys know of any MH penants for $150 or under?

If It's DIY pictures would be great

Yea I was just weighing it in my mind, your probably right.

If I decide to go bigger I'd spend more money and get the Nova Extreme Pro, if the tank was say 40 gallons or so.

Thoughts on the Nova Pros?

I'd say that their great lights judging from their Extremes,which is what i'm running over my 75.

So I have 2 or the 36 watt 18" models, except I'll probably going to get a longer tank, I guess it depends on that. Yote or Reef your opinions?

What about the normal extremes? Would I be able to keep anything in a 20 gallon with just the Nova Extremes? I Have 2 36 watt NE that are 18 but can be stretched, or I could buy one for a 24" tank Or would it be better to just buy a viper HQI Clip on?

Whoah!Slow down-I thought you were talking about lights for a 75/90g.?

So you want to use the two 18'' Nova Extreme on a 20g. for a total of 4-18w bulbs.Definitely enough for soft corals and LPS.I still think your a bit low for most of the SPS corals though.

Whoah!Slow down-I thought you were talking about lights for a 75/90g.?

So you want to use the two 18'' Nova Extreme on a 20g. for a total of 4-18w bulbs.Definitely enough for soft corals and LPS.I still think your a bit low for most of the SPS corals though.

Sorry, yea I keep going back and forth, if I can get a 75/90 gallon I'll probably go with the Extreme Pros, good choice? I just don't know if I would be able to get the money together for it.

So I am more likely to get the 20 gallon, yes. What kind of wattage do you think i would need to be unlimited with Novas? A Viper Clamp on is also a possiblility.

The Viper is an option as well as a pendent MH.You could have heat issues so I would stick with T5 fixture.A 24'' long tank,there really is no other choice but the 4x24w Nova extreme.I don't think it would much of an upgrade from what you have already.A Tek 4x24w with individual reflectors would be a good size upgrade though.IMO,if the Tek is too pricey than use what you have already.

Back