Zoanthid eating nudibranchs

FishyReef

Broke Reefer!
Picked up a few new zoa frags over the weekend for my 10g and last night noticed there are tiny critters crawling all over them. I did dip them in Coral Rx before adding them to my tank but looks like these critters made it through the dip. How do I get rid of these guys?

Definitely not amphipods and I think they are smaller than copepods, also brown in color, not white like the copepods I've seen on my glass before. I just put the zoas through a second round of coral rx (the first was on Sat) and tried to pull of any remaining stuff on them with tweezers. But even as they were in the dip I could see these little critters about the size of a speck of dust crawling on the bottom of the tank. Siphoned out what I could. Google says dips and flatworm exit work on the adults but not the eggs. So my next thought is to observe them for a few days and if I see more on them then I may try flatworm exit, otherwise I think I'll dip again in a week to remove any new ones that may have hatched out. How many days do I need to wait between dipping? I don't want to stress out the corals too much!

Okay, so I'm no longer thinking they are nudibranchs - but still not sure what they are. They are definitely irritating my zoas and still very much present despite a dip. They could be spiders, but the pics of the spiders appear bigger than what these are. They move fast and are a light tan in color. They could be pods, but only seem to be hanging out on the zoas, which leads me to think that they are a zoa predator. I pulled one off today but it was so small I couldn't see any defining characteristics on it. Think I need a microscope to figure out what they are. In the mean time I'm not sure what to do about them. My zoas aren't liking the dip very much and the bugs keep coming back. Ideas?

Incidentally, I've also discovered what appear to be hydroids on my glass - tiny white and red specks with arms coming out all over the place. They look exactly like the "hydroid" picture in the first post of this thread: Hitchhikers guide for reef tanks - Atlanta Reef Club Forums It says they are good guys but I haven't had them before and am not so sure. Usually the word hydroid make me shutter! I haven't seen them in the water column at all. And the fact that some of them are red concerns me. I'm not liking all of the new critters in my 10g these days!

Any ideas about the hydroids? I'd like to move some stuff to my 90, but am reluctant to move anything until I know whether these hydroids and the bugs on my zoas are good or bad. Thansk!

the ones on the glass seem to come and go, ive had them in my tank and so have many others. As to why they would be considered a good guy, i have no idea, if anything i would call them neutral

Back