10 Gallon Mini-Reef Build

Im upgrading to 2x20 watt T5. 10,000K/460NM with 3 lunar LED's. I want a small acro, birdsnest, frogspawn, bubble coral, zoas and a brain. Would those be okay with the upgraded lighting? If not, what fixture would you recommend?

Something I just thought of: should I keep a versa-top on or is open okay? Which is better for my stock?

I got a little anxious to get something in there and LFS had Coraline Margaritas for $0.99. I was gonna get a Blue-Legged Hermit, too, but we couldn't find any...I just got a small one so it would get the bacteria working, but not too hard yet until I get more rock and more bacteria to grow. Slowwwww.........zzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzz...

I can't wait!

My new companion, a Coraline Margarita Snail. (It's grazing on a rock that it stole from the store. Bad snaily...-from my girlfriend) It's all the way on the right, if you can't tell. Sorry for the bad quality, it's still on my phone...
IMG_20111211_171713.jpg

Okay. Will 90 gph in a 5.5 be enough if I placed it along the right-hand side right under the filter?
Here's the light I'm looking at: Current USA 18" Nova Extreme T-5 Fixture 2x20W 10K/460NM, (1136) - AquaCave
Is that sufficient for the corals I've stated that I'd like?

That coraline snail has been in the same place for 4 hours. Hasn't moved at all, but I can see he's still munching on his souvenir...Should I be worried or is he okay?

One more question...: What's a good monitor that would have specific gravity, pH and temperature all in one unit? Or is there one..?

Thanks and goodnight, all!

It appears my mistake was forgetting that snails have to be set right-side-up...hes out and about now, temp is 78 and sg is 1.025.

I picked up a Margarita and two Blue Leg Hermits today and drip acclimated them just to try. I'll be getting a proper top (e.g. for a 5.5 and not a 10) and a timer next week and a light after that. Any thoughts yet? I'm leaning towards the Marineland LED fixture right now, but I also thought of using two of the pcs that screw into a regular socket...lemme know your thoughts...

In 2-3 weeks, I plan on adding either a Fire Shrimp or my little goby friend that's hanging out at my LFS. That's what I'm scared for now that I have all the crabs and snails I'm planning on for now.

Here's a couPle more pics:

that they are I watched my Blue's and red's wadge war on each other in the end the "GCBS" became fat :D lol now i just have loads of blue legs.

Back