bwaller76's 150 gallon

he is replacing it, the middle brace was jacked up, Hope you dont mind me answering for you man. Its just that he told me tonight when he was over at my house Justin.
Ahhh... I thought "hmm I wouldnt trust 110gals in that tank, on my floor, but hey maybe I'll learn something" I'm glad to hear that you have plans to replace it.

so im super excited...I finally got the brace ordered and it will be here in about 7-10 business days and then I can get it replaced and move forward. I bought some of the plumbing for the overflows and managed to get a good deal on a 40 gallon breeder to use for the sump after my wife hijacked my other tanks lol.

Also my ro/di unit comes today Im so stoked I cant wait to get it all set up. Its a six stage 100 gpd unit and lol everyone here is uber excited to drink from it lol. I hope its ready for some use...just gotta figure out a good place in our cramped house to place it.

SCHWING!

oh yeah and make sure you click on my link below, its funny

sheees heeere haha its so niiiice and shiiiiny. Looks intimidating to setup but im gonna do it this weekend

IMG00245-20100218-1632.jpg

lol its kind of funny that I have my live rock tank that I am trying to seed my lace rock with live rock... I have always had the flow just blowing over the rocks not really thinking about it. Well with my recent diatom bloom that seems to be getting out of control I decided to wipe it down and do a small water change. All goes according to plan... I decide to turn the power head the other direction to give my really small feather dusters less current and holy moly... my tank is so full of life. Feather dusters, bristle worms, sea slugs, little things that I had never saw before.

My wife and I just stood at the counter and watched for a long time last night...Im so glad I got into this hobby!

also got to looking at this light and its a small t5....who would have guessed.

IMG00263-20100224-0043.jpg

My brace came today!!!! Here is a picture of it on the tank. I havent siliconed it down yet but that will come probably this weekend so I can have the time to do it right

IMG00264-20100224-1922.jpg

ok so tank frame is officially siliconed and waiting to dry...and yes that is a door with three railroad ties on top for weight. Gotta work with the trash I have lol.

I also decided to go to a guy here locally that runs a saltwater shop out of his house. He is very nice and knowledgable. He will drill my tank install an overflow box and completely plumb the tank for fifty dollars. I would pay more than that for the parts so I am going to take him up on it!

IMG00280-20100227-0057.jpg

Looks good.Now just gotta get water in that rascal.:D

If you REALLY want to see some wild stuff.Get a small flash light with a red bulb.Then spend some time watching that live rock when the tanks dark.It'll blow your mind.

I also decided to go to a guy here locally that runs a saltwater shop out of his house. He is very nice and knowledgable. He will drill my tank install an overflow box and completely plumb the tank for fifty dollars. I would pay more than that for the parts so I am going to take him up on it!
That's a no-brainer! Good Find! Can't wait to see it up and running.

Back