I'm Back, and I'm Into Photography now too!

Thanks for the comments so far! Once I start feeling better I hope to get up to fosters and smith and do some work on the tank. God it sucks having to rely on medication for a physical dependency that is so controlled and a pain in the ass to get... I ran out a day early now I'm going through hell again! Playing phone tag with my out of town Dr. because none in town specialize in this form of treatment...

Pain Killer addiction?? I've been there.

How long you planning being on suboxone?

If you need someone to talk to, shoot me a pm.

Last edited:
Good to see you back Cory! Hadn't heard from you in a while, but I know you seem to come and go from the site.

Your tank looks fantastic. It has grown so much since you started it. Hope your girlfriend and car are doing well too :)

You'll get through it Cory.Just look at what you spent on the drugs and think of what you could have done with your tank on that same money.

I know right! If I could undo that and use that 5k on a fish tank at least... That would be amazing, but not too likely. I took the rest of my suboxone early because the Dr. told me to adjust my dose as I please because I just started on it 2 weeks ago. I figured it would be all fine and dandy to take the last one last night so i could sleep pain free, but turns out the only Dr. in all of wisconsin perhaps that is a truly amazing doctor who is saving my life, had off all of today and was unreachable... No one else could prescribe it; legally, nor would they if they could. So today has been a ROUGH day. I'm still awake of course, because it's impossible to sleep when your body feels like this. The dr. mentioned that it is something they usually do, but didn't arrange it at all yet, where they give you a small amount of extra pills to keep in a safe place (just in case something like this were to happen)... I'm sure we will discuss that part of it tomorrow. But anyways I went and got a tripod and arranged a photoshoot at a friends house with a fairly recently set up 90g and transfered his pretty decent sized reef collection over to this new tank.
I just finally finished going through all the pictures we got and fixing each and every one up to make it look just right (I think).
Without further a due;

IMG_0582.jpg

(I'll test this one to see how it looks first)

Blah! Small resolution garbage! I want to make my own website and host high quality high resolution images of my photos for free, and ideally sell some sort of advertising slots to individuals or companies that would like to advertise on my personal site that is going to hopefully draw in advertising revenue for me... I'm a good business man, I just left school half way through the 2nd semester at a well accredited school for business, and working my way through the school of business administration going to major in finance, and also possibly continue for some type of business law program... But with the extra long summer vacation due to my temporary loss of mental capacity to manage my own life... I realized I could very easily make a ton of money, even though, and especially in a time of an economic crisis such as this one. I want to at least start out doing something I love while making a business out of it, at the same time. Plus it ties 2 of my favorite things together to make beautiful pictures...
Ok, here is the rest of the pictures, enough talking from me.

IMG_0583.jpg

My friend Tony's new Achilles tang! This fish is hawt!

IMG_0587.jpg

IMG_0589.jpg

IMG_0591.jpg

IMG_0592.jpg

IMG_0596.jpg

He's got one of the nicer apartment's in Marshfield, the tank really adds to it.
IMG_0597.jpg

IMG_0603.jpg

This is some sort of "rainbow" encrusting coral he is nursing into some color... I believe when he got it, it was really dull.
IMG_0615.jpg

IMG_0617.jpg

I've got some left to upload except my browser keeps crashing randomly now for some reason. I'm laying down and going to hopefully get some sleep and still get up for by dr. Appointment.
I hope to keep improving my photography skills and go travel around and tale tons of pictures of anyone who will let me to take picture of their tank...
Goodnight! Talk to u all tomorrow.

Stupid safari keeps locking up and crashing over and over, so I haven't been able to get up the last few pictures, ahh! It's driving me nuts, I want to get them up before I head out for the day. I'll do them in smaller increments,

IMG_0514.jpg

IMG_0516.jpg

IMG_0517.jpg

IMG_0521.jpg

IMG_0547.jpg

IMG_0554.jpg

IMG_0566.jpg

IMG_0576.jpg

IMG_0578.jpg

There, I think that is the last of the ones I wanted to upload finally. I've gotta go shower and head out of town for my dr. appointment, I'll be back on later tonight!

You need to enter POTM you a shoe in winner. Great looking tank! I love the mix of LPS and SPS. I feel it is very hard to find the harmony between the two. Keep the good work.How did you keep up on the tank while battling the addiction? I think it would be very hard to be out of it on pills and still have a tank that looks that great.

Thanks man! I didn't maintain the tank for quite a while... I just had it setup so good it ran itself... I actually lived 2 hours away from home and left my tank because my stupid landlord wouldn't allow me to have a fish tank when I got a house for college... My grandma fed them once a day usually, if not once every 2 days some flakes and frozen cubes I showed her how to do. The tank didn't have a water change for an entire semester of college, I came home and did one, while I was addicted, got one water change in, I think another 2 or 3 months went by while I was being a retard and also neglecting the tank in the process. I just got back into it about a week or so ago and it cleaned up nicely, I fragged all that SPS birds nest from 1 frag that overgrew and got huge, now I have like 20 frags about 4 inches each piece. I really want to try selling them off or trading them at a swap, but I haven't gotten a chance to locate the next one with in a few hours range due to trying to do so many things in my life now that I've neglected or missed out on... Oh I just realized we are on the thread with my friends tank, lol. Yeah my friend Tony has a really nice tank setup, it's only been up for a month or 2 since he transfered it all out of his 55g. Mine is not quite as full of coral or that beautiful yet (it's in some other threads posted recently) but I am well on my way to filling mine with beautiful corals. I picked up 2 SPS frags at fosters and smith, and if they grow anything like I've had success with my other few frags I have they will be sweet! I just started the photography right around the same time I got on Suboxone and got my life back mostly, except for the crazy amounts of sleep I get... I nod off doing stuff around the house almost immediately after taking my dose, but I'm working on figuring out my life on Suboxone yet, and I'm doing pretty good I think. I'm actually trying to think of a way to make some money doing what I love doing... I figure there has to be, although much smaller than most other subjects, a market for beautiful marine/reef photography somewhere... I'm a great business man, I just droped out of school during my addiction where I was going to a very good business school, I did great, have like 74 credits or something completed, but I couldn't get up/go to class in the end... So I think I can find a way to get some amazing shots (between my tank, and a few of my friends) with me getting new frags and maybe traveling to meet some new friends in the hobby that my friends know, that I don't to increase my "portfolio". The other day when looking through the foster and smith catalog and around the store in books, I realized I have lots of better pictures already in my 2 weeks of self learned photography than those books and magazines use...

Back