Peppermint shrimp

Stogey

Rookie
Everytime I put shrimp in my tank they disappear. I have nothing that would kill them. The only thing I have that is some what aggressive is a dotty back. Just wondering of anyone else has had this problem.

Have you tested for either copper or stray voltage? Inverts are very suceptable to both. Also check nitrates.

What are your exact water parameters?

Any type of shrimp or peppermint shrimp specifically?
I have had a scarlett cleaner for months and love him. I added a peppermint shrimp and never saw him again. So, yes, I had the same issue as you with a peppermint.

Also, at my LFS last night I was eyeing a dottyback and the manager asked if I had shrimp, I told him I did and he told me I wouldn't want a dottyback then. I had never heard of this before.

I have the same issue i had 12 at one time. My nitrates and all my levels were fine. They start to disappear. Now I will say I didn't drip acclimate one batch of 10. But my first batch of 10 I did and they all seem to die either way. I never even see a dead body.

Now my LFS told me their aptasia kept eating the the shrimp which I don't believe but maybe I am wrong. I do have some big ones that the never finished off and now I have smaller ones popping up again.

I am not sure what would eat them as I have an array of fish and inverts. Pepper shrimp are the ones I have trouble with. Rest of the inverts are fine

I put 2 peppermint shrimp and 2 cleaners in about a month ago. one of the peppermints disappeared after the first day, never saw a body or anything. But I still have the other 3 and the peppermint loves to hide, I only see him every once in a while.

I have 2 peppermint shrimp. We started out with 3 one died. We added another one so we had 3. I read somewhere you should have them in odd numbers. Then one died so we have stayed at 2. We see them all the time. They are so hilarious.

yeah I know they like to hide but I can't even see them at night. I have even taken a flashlight in there.
Only thing I can think of is that my green brittle star ate them or anemoe stung them and something else thought it was dead and ate it as well.

Back