Sea Cucumber

Gooseman

Reefing Is An Obsession
i bought this at my LFS a few weeks ago ... its doing well and i love its color

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ylg4Xg-3QI]ReefKeeper07 - Sea Cucumber - YouTube[/ame]

Make sure you do your research on these guys before you buy one. They can be very challenging to keep and are also tank nukers. Make especially sure you look into their feeding requirements.

I have kept cucumbers before in my tank and have never had one "Nuke" anything ... i think you may be confusing these with Sea Apples which are very beautiful and also very "Nuke" possible when they die

Make sure you do your research on these guys before you buy one. They can be very challenging to keep and are also tank nukers. Make especially sure you look into their feeding requirements.

I have kept cucumbers before in my tank and have never had one "Nuke" anything ... i think you may be confusing these with Sea Apples which are very beautiful and also very "Nuke" possible when they die

This is from LA:

Like other Sea Cucumbers, Pentacta anceps has the potential to poison an aquarium. The chances of this happening are very rare unless the animal is accidently sucked into an uncovered pump intake or overflow boxes

Venomous: Poisonous When Stressed or Dies

i made a call to my LFS and they said many of them have died after acclimating them to their tanks and havent had any adverse affects but i did find some information to support little_fishes opinions ... nice call little_fish ... also beeguiles these web sites will answer your question about the name of the cucumber

Pink and Green Sea Cucumber, Spiny Sea Cucumber - Pentaca anceps

Video About Pink and Green Sea Cucumber Episode 6 | Encyclopedia.com

Some species of cucumbers will also nuke tanks, which is why you should do your research

I have a cucumber but he is just black and hairy. He's a bit of a favourite and very curious about every new inhabitant. He goes and wraps around it and checks it out throughly. Did that to a longtentacled plate coral and got so burnt by the sting that his skin split and I could see his white flesh through the split (arghhh!) I thought he was going to die. Anyhow, I set up a QT tank for him and nursed him back to health. He is crusing around the reef as we speak a year or so later and checking out the new mini maxi...

I would love one that looks like the one on this thread! Do you know if they can co habit?

Glad to hear your cucumber is doing well ... you pose an interesting question ... they seem pretty peaceful and mine doesnt move around much so my best guess would be yes they probably could ... but maybe someone with more experience may know more on this

Back