Wanting to upgrade lighting

You got a link to that? I couldnt find it on the site.

I have seen LEDs in t8 tubes. For replacement in office building settings. YOu would need to remove the ballast and put the line voltage directly to the endcaps.

I was looking at those fixtures a week ago ... It's really cool how they put the LEDs into a T5 type bulb, I've been trying to figure out if it's powered by the T5 ballast though, and if you could swap it for a normal T5 bulb

Good question.

I don't really know the answer to that question though.Their T5/LED version is interesting too if you have seen them.

You got a link to that? I couldnt find it on the site.
The Ice Cap website doesn't have a whole lot of info published for some reason. The most I could find out was from the MarineDepot website IceCap Reef Illuminations HQI, T5 + 2 Tubular LED Moonlights (470NM Actinic) Fixture Images
Good question.

I don't really know the answer to that question though.Their T5/LED version is interesting too if you have seen them.
I just looked at them now, it looks like the same concept as the other one just in a T5 only fixture

yea, it's very cool ... It would be cool to see if you can use with any T5 fixture. I have yet to see the bulbs sold anywhere by themselves

Yeah 75 bucks is a bit much. Especially since they arent really actinics and more of a moon light.

According to that, they are powered by a transformer not the ballast.

yea but, if you look at the actual MH or T5 fixture, it's a different light and actually plugs in like a normal T5 bulb

Attachments

• IC3945_97.jpg
    IC3945_97.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 188
Look at the last picture on that page. What you would do is disconnect the ballast and then wire the transformer up to the end caps some how. Notice in the picture you posted it has a little sticker that says LED.

Back