Biffy Finally Gets a Build Thread!

Bifferwine

I am a girl
When I go big, I go BIG. Today I found a screaming deal. I bought a drilled 240 with dual overflows and with stand for $100!!!!!!!! The back is painted blue. With FREE delivery to my house!!!!!! Because Bill at my LFS looooooves me. The stand doesn't have any doors and needs to be stripped and repainted, but Neal said he'd help me with that. Here is a picture of my new baby sitting in front of the store:

0817071457.jpg

Bill said he'd have to get a crew together to deliver it to me, so I don't know when I'll be getting it. But right now I'm shopping for new lights! The tank is 7 feet long, so I may have to go with a 6 foot fixture. We'll see. I'm excited to be able to update this thread as my gigantic tank progresses!

By the way, that thing in the front is not the stand, it's just a piece of wood. Why? I don't know.

Okay, I need help already! LIGHTS! I want a MH/T5 combo. Any suggestions?? Again, it's 7 feet long, but a 6 foot fixture will do. Preferably hanging.

The guy at the coral farm near me builds custom light fixtures... cheap and will build it however you want. Much cheaper than buying retail or online..

Blazing Deal!!!

yeah 3 of the 400 MH under a custom Canopy.
Think of the quality algae you can grow in there WOW !

I saw one similar to that Freak, but it was around 1400 watts... I'll have to keep looking. Thanks for all the suggestions, everyone!!

sooo awesome. cant wait to see the progress on it as it comes along. when you sent me the picture earlier i thought that board was the stand. it was hard to tell on my phone. update us soon! maybe you can get a naso in memory of my naso that died without a name.

I would say a 24 inch coralife pc light would be perfect. I have one i will sell you for $500 its a screaming deal. even better than your tank ;)

My tank gets delivered at 1:00 tomorrow. I rounded up a posse of four strong men to help get it off the truck and move it into my dining room for me. I had to bribe them with pizza and soda. But whatever works. I would love to get a naso in memory of your nameless naso, RIP. I am NOT going to buy a 24-inch Coralife PC for $500! Duh.

Back