Biffy Finally Gets a Build Thread!

My tank just got delivered!!

0507001_577178.jpg

0507004_681884.jpg

That is AWESOME!! What a deal!!

Good luck with it. I just can't express how happy I am for you. Can't wait to see it up and running.

I gotta admit though--I have SERIOUS tank envy now. Your refugium will be larger than my entire tank. :grumble:

That is just too cool. :Cheers:

Just because I like em.
I always knew there something fishy about you.See you in the tank just confirmed it.

Good choice on the lights.I'm a little late to the party but I woulda gone with the Aqua medic too.They should be primo algae cultivator.

Like my Aquactinics wasn't good enough for you?

wow..those ligths descriptions looks like having the sun on your livingroom..good luck biff...nice pic of you in the tank..please do so when its filled with water..lol..

wow! that's a great deal! escpecially with that huge rock with the patch of red coraline in the middle:shock: i have tank envy and excitement at the same time.

You know guys with small dicks have to get big trucks to compensate? Neal said it is like I had to get this tank to compensate for my chest :(.

You know guys with small dicks have to get big trucks to compensate? Neal said it is like I had to get this tank to compensate for my chest :(.

I don't have that problem....4real!
Congratulation again on your new tank and those awesome lights.You're a regular basket case!

Here's the update on today's activities.

First, I removed all the sand and cleaned tank as best I could with vinegar. Then I stripped the blue paint off the back glass. I am going to paint the back black instead.

0507006.jpg

Then I painted the trim on the tank black also.

0507009.jpg

I also bought all the parts to make the stand. I'm going to put doors on it, but instead of hinges, use magnets so that I can remove the entire door to access the sump and equipment. I still need to strip the stand and repaint that mess. And hopefully my new lights will be here next week, of course I can't get anything started until I get those.

hell yes. awesome swimming pics. so glad we are both getting massive tanks at the same time. I will probably move mine in in like a week or so!

Are you guys getting bored of my photo-updates yet?

I spray painted the back of tank black. In the dining room. Because I can't move the damn thing. My 55 is like two feet away, so I keep checking on my tank to make sure everything is still swimming. The whole dining room and living room were filled with a thick fog. What a mess.

0507012.jpg

Then I painted the new front cabinet panels.

0507010.jpg

Yeah some dude from Idaho sent me that phone. He said my old phone was a piece of shit and that I needed something better. Something with a camera.

Back