Should i get rid of some fish?

bkc824

Reefing newb
i have a 90 gallon.

hippo tang(large), large diamond back goby, small barbershop goby, pistol shrimp , cleaner shrimp , sand sifting starfish, foxface (largeish) Naso tang(medium) clown fish (small) and 3 damsels.

im trying to start a reef tank and i think theres too much waste in the tank.. plus my waters turning green

What type of equipment are you using for your tank..The livestock list doesn't sound extravagant. But there's definitely something that needs adjusting if they're swimming around in green water. Tell us about your

Sump (if you have one)
Lighting
How many powerheads
How often do you do water changes
Size of return pump.

anything else that might be hooked up to the tank ....we need all of the details

well idk lol... i have a sump underneath.. protein skimmer , i have 2 t9 lightings , and i do water cahnges every week but only a bucket and a half.. i just moved my fishtank from downstairs so i drained more than half of the water and now its turning green ..algaefix isnt working

JMO,but both those tangs will get too big for a 90,if they're not already....and green water is never a good sign,there must be some kind of major algae bloom...what are your nitrates?

Do you have powerheads? How many? How big is your return pump? How long have you had the fish?

What is a T9 Light?

you have two tangs that dont belong in a 90 gal. 1 small tang is fine for a few months but not two one of which is a large one.

Back