ϟ Crystal/James 90g Upgrade ϟ

Got the baffles in our new sump. Going to pick up some salt and some other misc stuff today from a guy in town. All we need is a pump and a new light bulb and hopefully soon maybe in August we'll be planning a day for the swap. ;)

When that day comes it's going to be a stressful day.. the long part will be rinsing 70lbs of sand :frustrat: The frustrating part will be... everything. We've never done this before.. just keep hoping we don't lose any corals/fish in the process.

Got lots of stuff today... for $30! Almost a whole thing of salt! It's so great having someone in your town who is getting out of the hobby :)
72412lotsofstuff.jpg

We'll be buying our new pump this weekend and hopefully by the following weekend we'll have it up and running with no problems with the transfers!

We'll be buying our new pump this weekend and hopefully by the following weekend we'll have it up and running with no problems with the transfers!

Pump is already being shipped & we bought a new actinic bulb for our T5 fixture :D Already loving this fixture on the tank with no fish lol! Next Friday I think we'll be having a fun day!

Well.. today is the day, the missing link has arrived! Say hello to Mr. Danner Mag 9.5!! :D
8712mag95e.jpg

Breaking down our 55 and setting up our 90.. coming soon! Pics in a few hours :)

Let's just say we had a VERY long day and not much FUN and leave it at that until tomorrow lol! Everything is in the tank and hopefully in the morning our goby comes out and corals start opening up.

i moved my tank today too, what a job! I worked 12.5 hrs and still have little stuff to do :(

Was it fun?? LOL! So.. we never want to do that again! It took us around 5 hours for the swap and about 2 hours to clean up and get the kitchen back to normal :shock: It was too much work!

We're so glad we are done swapping tanks! Too much work and takes ALL day. All the fish are happy and we're pretty happy with our new aquascape. We're all really happy that we're done! So far mostly every coral is looking good, still waiting on a couple to open. We lost 1 small hammer coral.. no idea where that sucker went! I didn't take many pictures of the process.. mainly because it was so stressful and crazy. Hope everyone enjoys it just as much as we do!

Goby was the most frightened.. he tried jumping out of the cool when we went to put them back in the tank.
8712swap.jpg

Almost done with the 55.. yay!
8712empty55swap.jpg

Finished!!!! Will post pics with 10k's later.
8812fts.jpg

8812leftside.jpg

8812rightside.jpg

Back