10 Gallon Mini-Reef Build

Coraline is actually a hard algae that grows in our tanks, its the purple stuff growing on your crab, its not a type of snail or anything.

I hope the are turbo snails and not margarita snails. Margarita snails are a cold water snail and just slowly boil to death in our tanks.

...theyre Margaritas for sure...what do I do..?

As for the lil guy, hes white and definitely has a purple stripe...any idea or is he too small to tell yet?

not much you can do about it, and keep an eye on the small snail, its not likely to be a turbo or a margaritas. It might be a collinista (?) snail and will stay small and be a great cleaner or it might be a pest snail who will go after soft corals.

hammers and frogspawn are LPS corals, you can tell because they have a hard skeleton. And then which softies they might have a taste for depends on the individual species.

Im probably way too excited about this, but I found a baby (7 mm) starfish tonight. : ))))
Ill post a couple pics tomorrow for id. : )

Well I bought a polyp rock today with some zoas, an orange duncan, a tiny feather duster and either an acan or a brain. Theyre all really small.

I also brought home another blue hermit and some more baby stars, at least 8 and a micro brittle. Lotsss of algae, too. And a couple more lbs of rock so im done with that now aside from what frags may come on.

Happy Holidays, everyone, I hope all has been/is/will be great for everyone!

Here's some pictures I promised:

FTS as of Yesterday:
IMG_20111230_091329.jpg

Right Side:
IMG_20111222_164444.jpg

Zoas:
IMG_20111228_154301.jpg

Duncan?:
IMG_20111228_154308.jpg

Zoas and a Yellow Polyp:
IMG_20111228_154714.jpg

I think this one is a Favia:
IMG_20111230_090615.jpg

Hope you enjoy! I'm hoping to add some sort of fish or a cleaner shrimp in the next week, but we'll see what's available. : ]

looks good.

The thing you called a duncan is actually a cinnamon paly, which grow slow but get bigger than any other paly out there.

It also looks like you have pest nem in that clump of zoas, I would remove it ASAP with aiptasia X

Back