10 Gallon Mini-Reef Build

So I bought some zoas last week and they still havent opened...couple started peeking a tiny but, but not much...should I be worried?

So Ive decided that Im going to make a 2.5 fuge to sit behind my display. Ill use a syphon-type hose into the 2.5 and then I was thinking of putting a Koralia Nano 200 pump for the return. I would also like to move my heater and power filter to have more room in my display. Any suggestions?

Ill put lr and ls in the fuge with a 10w pc on during the night with turbos and hermits.

I thought this was cool.
IMG_20120110_212736.jpg

IMG_20120110_212754.jpg

Can someone tell me what these are?
IMG_20120112_095224.jpg

My new frogspawn. :) Lookas happy!
IMG_20120119_213327.jpg

And my new white star polyps look happy, too.
IMG_20120119_213351.jpg

Whoops, I got the captions mixed up...I know about the feeder tentacles, I meant to ask about the stars; are they good or bad? I have 12-15...

I plan on picking the star polyps off the plug in a few days and glue them to a point on one of the rocks but I want to give them time to prepare for my evil torture. :)

Enjoy and goodnight.

The stars are asternia stars, I personally have had issues with them eating my zoas, other people dont. I think it comes down to the various species, some will some wont, but we have no idea how to differentiate between them. Its up to you to pick them out or not.

They are ok, keep an eye out though some are know to munch on coral. I think the coral munchers have spots of color on their backs, but could be wrong

I picked up two Astrea snails today and hopefully in the next week I'll have two Cerith snails, as well, depending on when Petco gets more in. I was also going to get a really nice looking hammer frag tonight, but the guy had to work late and now it'll be Thursday afternoon/evening before I can get that.

I'm moving on the 7th so this will be the last that I'm buying, except for the two snails, before then. I plan on getting the 18" Nova Extreme T5HO 2x20 watt fixture after that so I can move on to get SPS such as:
Stylophora sp.
Acropora valida
Montipora - the vase-like one, I believe M. capricornus

And even more LPS/Softies:
Leathers
Mushrooms
Bubble
Open Brain

I may be switching to a 10 gallon for more room, too. I'd like to get a T. maxima and a Purple Sebae Anemone. Will that be possible in a 5.5, and if not, in a 10? I'm going to get a pair of Tank-Raised Perculas if I move to the 10.

Back