120 gal fish ideas?

Olly

Reefing newb
I have the space to fit a 120 gallon reef tank and 25 gallon sump.
As for fish I thought about:
1 v-tail grouper
3 lyretail anthias
1 yellow tang
1 fuzzy dwarf lionfish
2 spinecheek anenomefish

As for inverts I thought:
1 giant feather duster
2 scarlet cleaner shrimp

Is this a good stock, if not what could I change?
Also I haven't thought of any coral species so all advice and ideas are appreciated :)

At least two of those fish will not play nicely with most inverts, including the shrimp listed as well as the assortment of critters used to help keep a tank clean

The grouper and the lion fish, which are both listed as reef safe with caution. It should also be noted that groupers can (and will) eat any fish that will fit in their mouth

Ok done it. I really like the eagle eye zoa and the bubble tentacle anemone, any info on them?
Also do spinecheek anemone fish have to be kept with a bubble tentacle anemone?
:)

Last edited:
I have the space to fit a 120 gallon reef tank and 25 gallon sump.
As for fish I thought about:
1 v-tail grouper
3 lyretail anthias
1 yellow tang
1 fuzzy dwarf lionfish
2 spinecheek anenomefish

As for inverts I thought:
1 giant feather duster
2 scarlet cleaner shrimp

Is this a good stock, if not what could I change?
Also I haven't thought of any coral species so all advice and ideas are appreciated :)

Don't do a grouper if you're planning on getting inverts. You'll just be feeding that thing dinner.

If you want to keep a tank of monsters, muggers and maulers, you're going to have to keep it to those fish. Groupers, eel and lions are OK together as long as there isn't a large size disparity. Cholly, my Leafmouth grouper, ate a small Snowflake eel.

Yeah I might just go full out predator tank instead of taking any significant risks. Like the name of your leafmouth grouper by the way.

Back