180 gallons up in this!!!! NWKRC!

I think life in general got really overwhelming for a while and i just shut down almost everything. tanks have been running on autopilot, no water changes (biff240gal style) but i currently have water ready to go, cleaned the glass and even took a couple pics to keep things going! so hopefully i get things turned back around here and get it in gear. Im definitely a little disappointed I have let my tanks go as long as I did.

Hey, there's nothing wrong with the Biff240gal style! It happens. I hear ya about the disappointment though. I spent so much time and money getting my tank to look fantastic, and then let it all turn to shit. If I could kick myself in my own ass I would, but my foot won't reach back there. I get SO depressed when I look at pictures of my old 55 gallon. It looked fan-freaking-tastic. And then all the problems started when I decided to go bigger. Nothing you can do except pick yourself back up and carry on!! I need new lights for my 90 before I can start adding corals to it, but I know that this tank will be better than ever once I can devote the money to stocking it.

Your tanks are the same way. Hang in there. They'll turn around. You already have a good start -- you have good equipment and nice livestock already. It just needs a little TLC. That first picture of the angel and tang next to each other is POTM quality if I've ever seen it. Enter it next month!

Thanks Rwynn, thats like what i do with monster tanks on RC haha. except probably not one day for that.

Yote for example here is a FTS. sadly its a bit overexposed so you can see how big my monti is getting but ill post a last year this year growth comparison soon. its huge! (well in comparison) I have tons of flow and thats slowly helping with my algae problems, my lack of water changing is not helping though haha. as you can see there is still a fair ammount of algae on the right hand side and also the sand is all willey nilley. doesnt seem like i can find a happy spot with the flow, but i have some future plans to see if i can balance it out.

DSC_1148.jpg

You might as forget about getting the flow balanced out with the sand.I been tryin for over 2 years now:D
Yeah,You've got some algae in there.But I dont think you could ask for your corals to be doing any better:D They look great.

So I have been thinking, there are all kinds of creative reef pics out there. lets see we have macro, night shots, top down with the pumps off, and the list goes on. HOWEVER I was thinking how could I take a really creative photo to really show off my tank, and as if fate gave me a bitch slap to the right side of my face I walked in to see 3 GALLONS OF SALTWATER ON MY KITCHEN FLOOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So here is my extremely rare and extremely creative reef tank shot, I present to you (drumroll please) my lovely Vlamingi tang "Jack" cruising through my kitchen floor! observe him through my linoleum as he cruises through the majestic salt water utopia that is my fish tank.

DSC_1151.jpg

Long story short, I get home tonight and find that my bulkhead to my closed loop is now leaking like a 1984 yugo hatchback. so now, just as I get excited about my reef again, I have a major project this week. Although im looking at it positively. I have been wanting to get rid of the closed loop hell ride so im just going to pull it all out and add another 220gph modded maxijet and replace the bulkhead and plug it up like a fat mans toilet. so there you have it. my new maintainence project. guess its a good excuse for a water change again.

Hahaha love it dude. Your tank is looking great! We might actually have worked through this whole algae thing!

WELL.

That IS a one of a kind shot.And it IS creative.
I mean hell,you didnt have to go to ALL that for that picture.

went out for dinner and a couple beers tonight..... came home and the bulkhead was leaking waaaaaay worse. returnpump was yet again spitting bubbles like crazy! yep thing are bad. I tried to wrap a towel tight and it did not work at all.

So I have officially told my district manager im "sick" and will not be in tomorrow. I will be hitting my tank first thing tomorrow, picking up a new bulkhead and hey another water change! a emergency water change with little aeration but still another water change. so its a major tank day tomorrow. wish me luck. I need it.

Oh man, that's crazy! Well at least you had your priorities in order and grabbed the camera. :D

Good luck with the fix!

Just read your whole thread! I am so sorry for your leaking problems! Good Luck fixing it today!

wow! thats some time and dedication to go through the whole thread. Thanks.

Looks like the dishrag and duct tape held overnight, now its off to the LFS for a bulkhead.

Anyone else have problems with bulkheads needing to be replaced after a few years? both of my bulkheads did this all this year.

wow! thats some time and dedication to go through the whole thread. Thanks.

Looks like the dishrag and duct tape held overnight, now its off to the LFS for a bulkhead.

Anyone else have problems with bulkheads needing to be replaced after a few years? both of my bulkheads did this all this year.

Plus you've got to get past all the phallic references! :shock: :mrgreen:

Back