180 gallons up in this!!!! NWKRC!

if you ain't floodin you ain't reefing right yote

True:D

But there is such a critter as goin over-board with it :shock:

I've never had any problems with my bulkheads.But I've always used a thin bead of silicone between them and the glass too.Just a little added insurance.
Good luck with em.

OK so everything is all fixed. order has been restored to my fish tank! and more importantly to my kitchen floor.

It starts by breaking out the hacksaw.

DSC_0056.jpg

Goodbye Closed loop plumbing

DSC_0046.jpg

Grab a new bulkhead and plug, clean the glass, add a dash of pvc glue

DSC_0049.jpg

and here you have it!

DSC_0047.jpg

DSC_0048.jpg

pulled my second modded maxi jet out of retirement

DSC_0055.jpg

removed all the pvc you see here

DSC_0058.jpg

and voila

DSC_0059.jpg

And then of course there is the obligatory pull off of a cold kona pipeline porter to reward my hard work.

DSC_0067-2.jpg

I also took some shots of the tank to keep you all entertained.

Here is a before and after of my Monti. First picture was taken a year ago and then the new ones were taken yesterday. I am ery happy with the growth over a year.

IdahoGrape.jpg

DSC_0043.jpg

DSC_0036.jpg

Here is my brain, Its slowly slowly growing back, the one head that bridges the dead spot in the middle was not there when it got infected. so it moving in the right direction. just need to get rid of the algae to help provide growth space.

DSC_0039.jpg

and more.

DSC_0040.jpg

DSC_0041.jpg

Toadstool about a year and a half/2years ago.

strugglingtoadstool.jpg

DSC_0050.jpg

DSC_0054.jpg

Alexander you are such a character with that hacksaw! Glad you and Christy got it all completed and back together. Good job indeed.

:bowdown: Your corals look great! :bowdown:

I dont mess around with that hacksaw. Im so happy my closed loop is gone. now the 24/7 hum of the loud blueline pump has stopped completely! what a relief

Things are looking great man! The Idaho Grape is growing like gangbusters(back to the roaring 20s...again! :mrgreen: )

Well it seems like a lot of people have been getting urchins lately. Thought I would show off some pictures of mine. And throw in a couple other ones while im at it.

DSC_0015.jpg

DSC_0002-1.jpg

DSC_0029.jpg

DSC_0045-1.jpg

DSC_0020.jpg

Last edited:
Back