2 additionas

That is some pretty Xenia.
Cardnials are nocternal carnavores.Thats why it went after the chromis after the lights went out.

Congrats,Ct!I too, thought cardinals are passive,at least all the ones I had were.Now that I think about it.Years ago,I had a bangaii with some chromis(or is that chromises?).The next day they were gone....hmmmm,I wonder?

i couldnt catch the cardinal last night so i instead was able to catch all the chromis and put them behind a plexi divider so the cadrnal dont eat them all and i could sleep in peace.

Im going to attempt to catch him today. Its so insane but he knew exactly that i was after him and wouldnt come out of a rock and all other times i have the net in the tank he didnt care. This confirms to me once again that these damn fish are smarter than we think. They know they are being targeted while the other fish dont care and catching them would be so easy. :frustrat:

yea i remember you saying the same thing. Its so weird, if it were any other day i would be able to catch him. Its like he knows eating little chromis is a tank crime and he is hiding out.

i got the little bastard. I was about to remove all rocks just to catch him but then i decided to try fishing him out first with a hook and OMG it took less than a min to catch it. Turned off all the lights (including the house lights) so he could see me standing there, put the hook in with a peace of shrimp and he went right for it. hahaha who is the smarter one now sucker!!!! For a while, i thought he was smarter than me. 2 chromis later, i got him. I'm down to only 8 now.

But at least they will sleep in peace tonight!

I didn't think it was blue xenia, but I didn't want to be wrong.
Where is the Cardinal going.

It looked like xenia to me and i asked the LFS guy what it was and he said blue xenia. I'm glad freak set the record straight. Good to know. Thanks freak.:Cheers:

Sorry CT,I've never had any blue anthelias.The feathery brown ones I have is in moderate flow and 1/3 the way up.I can tell you the blue anthelia also called blue waving hands are considered a difficult coral.I'm not sure why,they just die for unknown reasons.

Back