2 Clowns too good to last.

Nonfamous

Reefing newb
I came down stairs this morning to find that my Maroon clown has bee beat up pretty badly. Nice section of its tail is missing and its top fin is pretty ragged. I'm not sure who has been the bad fish, but I have to suspect it is my Snowflake clown.

Looking at suspects, I have quite a list. The Snowflake has a bad attitude. It attacks me anytime I put a hand in the tank. Then there is the Dwarf Angel. Its just a bitch all of the time. Also there is the Damsel. Though I have never seen it do anything but run and hide, it could be a wolf in sheep's clothing. How about the Chromis? Yes, I have one that is as big as or bigger than the Clowns. I have to wonder if it could be the aggressor.

Shouldn't the Maroon be able to hold its own against any thing in the tank? I mean, shouldn't I see damage to another fish like they were in a bar room brawl? Everyone except the Maroon looks fine. And as I sit and watch them they all appear to be getting along fine.

Could very well be the snowflake, i thought this situation would end the other way but each fish is their own.

I wouldnt put it past the damsel either, they are cute but can be nasty as hell.

i've got a 31/2 inch maroon...added a 1 inch maroon he beat the begeesus out of the 3 incher for about a week...then they setled and are now chums---weird

Back