2 new firefish

wontonflip

I failed Kobayashi Maru
Ok, picked up these 2 firefish today for the 45 gallon.

The only one I caught of both together, since they darted into the many caves in my lr. Just finished drip acclimating them, just trying to get the temp right.
DSC01381.jpg

This is actually a screenshot of a video of one of them.
firefish.jpg

Ok, now I read that they are peaceful, but may fight their own species unless they're mated. These 2 were part of 4 that were acclimated into the lfs' tanks, and they were getting along fine from the start. So do you guys think they'll get along fine here?

They should get along fine. I've never heard of firefish fighting with each other, they are some of the most peaceful fish you can get for your tank.

They are very peaceful fish. I had two. They are jumpers. So be sure your tank has something on top. I plan on getting two more whenever my LFS gets them in.

They are so cool. Definitely a nice addition. The clowns have left them alone. They found all the nooks and crannies amongst the lr, though :) I have tons of caves and hidey holes. They've been hanging around the back of the tank when they're not hiding. I guess it's cuz of the tank's black backdrop. Makes them feel more secure. Hopefully they'll get used to the activity around the tank and hang outside more :)

And yes....my tank's hood is covered 95% (5% of the open area is in the back where all the tubes go in and out). Thanks all!

Congrats on the fish, I have 2 myself...very peaceful, and active, just give them time to adjust, they will come out more.

Congrats on your new fish, they are one of the most peaceful fish you can buy. Just give them time to get use to there new home and they should be fine!!!
Good Luck!!

Congrats and good luck with them.I have two and one of them get the snot beat out of them on a daily basis.My tank is big,probably why it's still alive.

Back