2 solar wrasse in same tank?

monique

Reefing newb
had'nt seen my solar wrasse in a month so i bought a new one[hosp. tank]. now my wrasse shows up. must have a great hiding spot. i have a 265 gal mixed reef. so heres my ?. can i put them both in the same tank? both males, and i know l will have to do a reconstruction in my tank. have probably 150-175 lbs live rock

Last edited:
Two males may not be an issue right away but, even in a tank as large as yours eventually the two wrasses will start fighting.

i have the solar wrasse in 25 gal qt with a orange back and a flame angel. if i take the solar wrasse back do you think i could add a exquisite or a lubbock. i currently have the solar and a ornate leopard wrasse. lots of live rock, soft and hard coral. mushrooms and zoas. a crocea clam. shrimp, brittle stars, cucumber and crabs. other fish are foxface 5", regal tang 5", yellow tang 4", dejardin tang 4", striated bristletooth 5", male manderin, red scooter blennie, yellow watchman with shrimp, 3 yellowtail damsels, 2 clarki clowns and their anemoe{ spawn regularly}, 9 zebra dart fish, 5 pj cardinals, coral beauty, eibl's angel, bicolor blennie, and tailspot blennie. as i previously said i have a 265 gal tank. 84 in x 24 x30. i have 5 tesla lights on this tank. hang on the back refugium, skimmer rated 350 gal, and a aquaclear for filtration. i change 30 gal every 2 weeks and i use an ro unit. i know most people would think this a little too basic, but it works for me.
i would like to add my flame angel, the 2 wrasses, then just let it run. i am thinking about taking out the bristletooth{ sometimes goes after the blennies} and 4 of the pj"s{ boring} oh i have a sandsifter too. this is my third jump. went from 55 to75 to 265. i live in northern ontario, canada and the closest saltwater store is 300 m away. no live ship up here guys. you want it you are going on a jont. i have added no new fish in probably 6 month. have had the 2 wrasses and flame in qt for about 3 wks

Last edited:
Lubbocks can be iffy, some get very aggressive and territorial and some don't. If you're going to plan on adding more then I'd suggest you invest in an acclimation box. It'll help you to mitigate some of the normal aggression issues seen when adding new fish.

i have a 2.5 gal clear plastic juice jug that i retrofited with a mesh lid. will that work? one fish at a time too i would guess? and how long should i give each fish. the angel is the one i'm most concerned with. i waited a long time before i found one. i only get a chance to shop for my tank a couple time a yr. i already had or purshased the present fish when i uped to the 265. this tank has been running for a year. if i give up the second solar wrasse, what would make a good replacement? another wrasse{{the store says they have an exquisite} or maybe a royal gramma?. i got lucky when i set this tank up. all the fish went in at the same time and had no trouble with fighting or sickness. the only real agression i have is with the clowns and my arm. the fish i have in qt now is the first time i have quaranted for this tank. glad i did cause they came down with ick. the closest store to me has a cronic problem with ick.

Last edited:
Back