20 Gallon Long Nano

I checked my parameters and everything is fine....but for some reason my firefish goby has gone back into hiding...and just doesn't come out.
=/ any suggestions?

he came out yesterday morning and was just exploring the tank fine but I had turned off my HOB Emperor 280 filter, and after turning it back on, he hasn't come out of his hole even once all day.

Thats just fish for ya.
Sometimes they'll stay out and explore all day long,other times they'll hide out and not want to come out and play.

My goby does this as well, sometimes he is under his rock peeping out all day, others he is out playing with the clowns.

aren't firefish better in groups? i didn't get them because i didnt want 3 firefish in my 20 and nada else lol... you could try getting him a buddy? :dunno: some fish are better in numbers

Dr Shimek recommends a temp of 81 to 83 for reef tanks.

I have a 20G Long and I hooked a 1G fuge chock full of chaeto --it has kept my nitrates and phospahtes at zero without a skimmer.

Had to report progress:

---Firefish Goby picked a different rock to hide under and poke it's head out (looks almost eel like).Still doesn't come out.

--Added an Ocellaris Clown.

--Added a Scooter Blenny.

I know how difficult Scooters can be to feed, but my friend just happened to be temporarily tearing down his 55G in order to make room for a 180G...and gave it to me for free:bounce:

It seems to be picking through the sand quite a bit and i've been trying to direct feed it frozen spirulina brine shrimp with limited success. But i'm just happy that it's active and always sifting through the sand. I love it when it buries itself in sand and only the tip of it's head and eyes show.

Clowns aren't fighting at all and are getting along with each other much better than expected:^:

I've decided this is an appropriate stock list and hope that everything stays well!

BTW...i've been itching to put pictures up but my camera broke....and my phone camera is terrible.

Back