24g biocube rebuild

shades251

Reefing newb
ok i am going to pick up my ny bio cube towards the end of the week maybe begining of next week depending on work, then will start the build. i have heard the filters on them suck, so i was thinking of taking it all apart and doing some filter mods if they really need to be done. does anyone know much about these tanks?

They're decent tanks.But the filtration does pretty much suck.
Cant wait to see the build actually start.:D

Thats a good looking pick-up BTW.

thanks yote...like i said im going to get it today here in an hour or so. it needs to be cleaned really bad so while its taken apart i was gonna replace the pump something with a lil more balls behind it. my goal is a mini reef set up, and it will be my first reef so im gonna need alot of help from you guys

Those tanks are small enough that you can make up for the crappy filtration pretty easily just by doing larger water changes.

could be 29gal the guy told me 25. so heres how today went. this morning i called the guy i was gonna buy this tank from to set up a time soon i said hello he said he changed his mind and lowered the price and told me he was free today to come get it, so i left once i got there i asked to leak test it first cause the price was to good to be true (65 bucks) he agreed and everything was good so i loaded it up then i stopped to pay the guy and he said if i would take the rest of his fish stuff off his hands he would drop few dollars off price. well since i have this cool thing called a trash can i said sure told it up and he bring a shit load of shit out to my truck after i post the pics and gets some feed back ill tell how much i paid so you can tell me if i did ok today

thats all the extra stuff but the light is messed up real bad no saving it

Attachments

• SANY0183.jpg
    SANY0183.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 409
  • SANY0184.jpg
    SANY0184.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 360
  • SANY0185.jpg
    SANY0185.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 393
  • SANY0186.jpg
    SANY0186.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 414
  • SANY0189.jpg
    SANY0189.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 437
it needs a cleaning from hell but hey i couldnt say no to the price

Attachments

• SANY0190.jpg
    SANY0190.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 388
  • SANY0187.jpg
    SANY0187.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 501
  • SANY0188.jpg
    SANY0188.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 439
its pretty big.... this is just reference the tank is behind a 10 inch subwoofer

Attachments

• SANY0191.jpg
    SANY0191.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 354
ok thanks great to know i was useing supe hot water im gonna let it soak for a few then try tro rub what i can off then ill make step two vinergar water. thanks sarah

ok i was planning on getting a bigger pump for the new tank what would be a good size pump for a 25gal or 29 gal however big it is???

Is that a JBJ 24DX? Doesn't it say on the bottom right Nano-Cube 24? Same exact tank I have, and I got mine for 10.00 less than you, LOL. Hell of a deal, and a really nice little tank.

fast you were right dont know how i missed that sticker. well the tank is 99% clean im just waiting on my LFS to open so i can go get RO waterand pick up some sand. i was gonna get LR but so says the FS they had to raise there price due to oil spill ( $22/lbs) so im trying to find some rock elsewhere right now but ill have more pics up later today after my trip but FS

Back