29 Gallon nOOb tank!

Clown goby and frogspawn!

5475104360_4e2054911a_b.jpg

Full tank shot
5479652609_72dc72c05f_b.jpg

My silly urchin carrying around a huge googly eye

5479656375_d9cbf3c42a_b.jpg

Hooray! If (when) I ever set up another tank... I'm totally getting TBS stuff. I am super jealous right now.

I know I wish I had known about them earlier as well. I decided to get some sponges, gorgs and a porcelin crab and "plants" to brighten up some color in my tank.

I only have 15lbs of rock in my 27g so if this shipment does well which I expect it to. I am going to order another 15lbs of rock from them in a couple of weeks.

Looking REAL good! That mushroom is looking fabulous after a month! Whats with the clown goby in the frogspan or hammer whatever that is....i thought that was strange yet totally cool!

Looking REAL good! That mushroom is looking fabulous after a month! Whats with the clown goby in the frogspan or hammer whatever that is....i thought that was strange yet totally cool!

Thanks that clown goby was funny it loved parking in the corals I have. It just up and disappeared about a week ago. I never found the body or anything it just pulled a houdini on me :(

It probably wouldn't take long for bristleworms and a few hermits to make a clown goby disappear, those guys are TINY

Weird u found no corpse...think he jumped? Usually takes a crew of more than a few hermits to destroy a corpse

I have a screen top so I doubt it. The only place with a hole is where the filter water flows into the tank and he wasnt a very good swimmer the water flow blew him around pretty good so I highly doubt he went off the reef to the top.

It probably wouldn't take long for bristleworms and a few hermits to make a clown goby disappear, those guys are TINY

Well my tank is new only 3 months old. I only have 2 hermits and about 4 snails never seen any worms or anything and I stare at my tank a LOT but anything is possible. I think maybe my goby covered it up with sand or that maybe it blew into his cave??

I have no idea pretty bummed about it still though. :grumble:

you never know, fish (especially that size) can disappear for days in tanks and somehow re appear. its unlikely but possible thats the situation.

your tank looks wonderful for the amount of time it has been up and running. you have added a lot of nice coral in such a short time.

question: how the hell did a googly eye get in your fish tank haha

you never know, fish (especially that size) can disappear for days in tanks and somehow re appear. its unlikely but possible thats the situation.

your tank looks wonderful for the amount of time it has been up and running. you have added a lot of nice coral in such a short time.

question: how the hell did a googly eye get in your fish tank haha

Well he is now missing 2 weeks he is definately gone my tank is pretty small and can be seen on all sides so its hard to hide in there.

My urchin LOVES to carry stuff around so I just hand him objects and he carries it around.
Check this out...

https://www.livingreefs.com/never-before-seen-photos-dramatic-alien-abduction-t32869.html

any rocks shift or move? When i had cichlids, they were notorious for digging and i've lost a few fish by rocks shifting. I wouldn't find corpses till weeks later when re-aquascaping the tank.

Back