29 Gallon nOOb tank!

Couldnt find my Blenny any where!!! Then i see her head poking and I guess she found a new cave....Yes she is hiding in the freakin skimmer motor! WTF? :shock:

g7jkk.jpg

Well I have been wanting a lemon peel for months and months and I finally couldn't say no anymore. I went to the store to get a new feather duster and I saw her there with her big sad puppy dog eyes begging me to bring her home!

I did a lot of research and over and over again the tank size recommendations were 20-30 gallons. I do have lots of rock work with many caves for her and she really enjoys swimming through them and zipping around happily.

Everyone is getting along great, swimming and playing and she is eating seaweed from the clip already.

dtWNC.jpg

wH7uP.jpg

FTS The whole gang came out for a photo shoot!

7niZt.jpg

lookin sweet Amber! good luck with the midas, they can be challenging at times. what is your tank temp? many years ago I tried the swivel PH you have in the back corner, but it kept my tank temp at like 82 so I didn't use it long.

lookin sweet Amber! good luck with the midas, they can be challenging at times. what is your tank temp? many years ago I tried the swivel PH you have in the back corner, but it kept my tank temp at like 82 so I didn't use it long.

You know whats weird I just said this yesterday was that my tank has been 80.4 degrees for over a week and that is right about when I got that swivel! That really sucks because it works really well for flow! I was blowing it off to just the freaking Florida heat wave.

I have had my blenny for 5 months she is my sweet baby girl I love her! What do you mean they are challenging?

o nice, i thought you just got her, i've seen a lot of midas waste away from internal parasites, it sounds like you're in the clear.

that swivel PH isn't cheap either, i wanted to return it but never did. if you're hovering around 80F you should be ok. i like to keep my tank 77-78. I should probably get a chiller. i keep my AC in the house at 74 to keep my tank temp stable.

o nice, i thought you just got her, i've seen a lot of midas waste away from internal parasites, it sounds like you're in the clear.

that swivel PH isn't cheap either, i wanted to return it but never did. if you're hovering around 80F you should be ok. i like to keep my tank 77-78. I should probably get a chiller. i keep my AC in the house at 74 to keep my tank temp stable.

Aww that's sad they are great lil fishes. I got my blenny from a great lfs though so I knew she was healthy.

I think the ph was 50 bucks! I really like it and right now the tank is within limits and everyone is doing fine so I will leave it.

I went and got the smaller one for my new seahorse tank but I will be taking it back now they definitely don't like it that warm. Bummer

Back