Plate coral day one was about 3 inches across

5728465666_6aba329eed_z.jpg

He has at least doubled in size! He is so pretty and active

WjXQJ.jpg

My zoas I got had 2 heads

5421311169_ac13f1ef39_z.jpg

Growing slowly but surely

G3aci.jpg

My candelabra gorgonian was a bit bleached when I got it.

5629544068_82aaf27940_z.jpg

Really gotten back its colors and is very happy

Yl6Lq.jpg

Here is one of my anemones on day one all bleached and freaked out

5537884501_4b94e629dd_z.jpg

And here he is now king of the reef

XRy91.jpg

Here is my new duncan

oUTfK.jpg

And my new hairy mushroom baby

baJUe.jpg

and after looking at everyone else's I just had to go get me and new fighting conch! He is so awesome!

cpBsY.jpg

And here is my very first fish still alive and kickin

PK3dF.jpg

You tank is looking really beautiful! But i think you might want to consider supplemental feeding the conch, but no reason why he wouldnt do well in your tank with a little TLC :)

The FTS looks great even without the other rocks.
I can't believe how much lighter in color your sand looks from mine, I like it much more. Mine just kinda blends in with the rocks.

The FTS looks great even without the other rocks.
I can't believe how much lighter in color your sand looks from mine, I like it much more. Mine just kinda blends in with the rocks.

I really do credit that to my sand sifter goby he never lets anything settle for long. Do you have one?

I really do credit that to my sand sifter goby he never lets anything settle for long. Do you have one?

I like really clean sand and I plan on getting a yellow watchman goby with a pistol shrimp for my reef tank. From different videos I've seen it seems when you have a pair the goby doesn't do much sandshifting. Just sits there while the shrimp messes around with the burrow. So do you think that having a pistol shrimp would interfere with its sandshifting duties? And are diamond gobys better sandshifters since they get quite a bit larger than the yellow watchman gobys?

Your sand is from TBS isn't it?

I like really clean sand and I plan on getting a yellow watchman goby with a pistol shrimp for my reef tank. From different videos I've seen it seems when you have a pair the goby doesn't do much sandshifting. Just sits there while the shrimp messes around with the burrow. So do you think that having a pistol shrimp would interfere with its sandshifting duties? And are diamond gobys better sandshifters since they get quite a bit larger than the yellow watchman gobys?

Sand sifting gobies won't pair up with shrimp and shrimp gobies won't sift sand. They're two different types.

Sand sifting gobies won't pair up with shrimp and shrimp gobies won't sift sand. They're two different types.

What so diamond gobys don't pair with pistol shrimp and yellow watchman gobys don't sandshift?

Well in that case I guess I'll be getting a diamond goby...

I just read every page of this thread and you the fraggle reef looks awesome! I soo love it. I have been waiting for my lfs to get gorgonians in but they haven't yet! I love yours. Very impressive and great job!

UPDATE!!!

After months of never ending popping from random pistol shrimps, taking my tank apart numerous times etc etc

I decided to move my reef downstairs. I rearranged the tv room so that the tank is right behind the couch now I can sit and stare at it all I want and then go sleep all night uninterrupted!

It was a huge chore and took me 4 hours but everything traveled well and I got to redo my rocks again which I love to do anyway LOL

These pics are from my phone so the tank looks like a glowing space ship but you get the jist.

Still kind of hazy from being stirred up

2sd5c.jpg

View from kitchen

UuQvt.jpg

View from dining room

cpzaW.jpg

I know that feeling! When i set my reef up i purposely put the tank next to the tv, that way i can watch my tank and my bf can watch the tv :) now there is no squabbling over the channels

Back