29gal seahorse tank in the making...

The dwarf SH are hard to keep, they only eat live baby brine...I'm thinking of getting either the h.erectus or h.fuscus...from an online store called seahorsesource.com...and yes, I've discovered that site you showed me also.

Just a funny update...I was showing my wife some various seahorses and trying to decide which ones to get, at which time she saw the prices of them...she totally freaked out...lol...she then told me to not do the seahorse tank and that she could go on a shopping spree instead of buying some $100.00 fish.
So now I'm wondering do I still do the SH tank for myself or just do a different type of species only tank. I've already added a mushroom and and a piece of my long polyp leather to the tank, which are both doing well.
What do you guys think? What should I do with the tank?

have you ever thought about angler fish? They look really bizzare, and are good for specimen tanks.

And they totally freak me out:shock:..my lfs has one and I shudder everytime I look at it...LOL, it just sits there with it's mouth open smiling at me...just a weird fish.

No Smitty! Go for the Seahorse tank!!! Please do it for yourself. Besides you don't have to do but a couple of them with some pipefish. Or start with one for a few months then add another as time goes on.

No Smitty! Go for the Seahorse tank!!! Please do it for yourself. Besides you don't have to do but a couple of them with some pipefish. Or start with one for a few months then add another as time goes on.

You're right...I'm gonna just take my time and do it...thanks for the push.

I am saddened to say, that the seahorse tank is going to be taken down, for various reasons...1st of all, the tank has a leak in it now, 2nd, I could never get the temp below 84*, and 3rd, I'd rather invest my time and money into my reef tank...I need new lights and protein skimmer for it, I may even upgrade to a 90gal next year...soooo, I will be taking it down...sorry guys.

I have one of these marineland eclipse systems with the pc lights...its a nice system, it just keep high temps, I could buy new equipment, but I'd rather invest on the reef tank for right now.

I think I may just transfer everything into the ten gal I have in the garage, and just stock it with crabs or something...I do have a few soft corals in there already.

Back