37 Gallon Build -Complete setup with pictures along the way

Thats some good looking rock.

How about letting one of us mods move this thread to the showcase forum?That way its as likely to get burried later on.:D

My ammonia is REALLY high for day two. Is this normal? Am I cycling faster than normal?

Also, Im trying to figure out what light I want to use. Im thinking Metal Halide (I love the bright white) with LEDs.. I saw one at this site: Anyone deal with aquatraders.com ?

Can I use a Metal Halide for my LR, some fish and amenonies?

Last edited:
Ammonia can spike fast. But just give it from 2 to 4 weeks and then the cycle should be over. The more live rock the better but remember whatever rock you put in there it will become live over time. But it looks good so far. That Bali rock looks like it has some nice colors to it.

Let me ask this; I have a MarineLand Pengiun 200 filter, should I add it in the tank?

Also, my protein skimmer makes too much bubbles, so I turned it off :(

It usually takes 2 to 3 weeks for a protein skimmer to break in. Also, if you are using any sort of water conditioner, stress coat, dechlorinator or bacterial additive that will cause the skimmer to go haywire.

yea, don't worry about adding things... they mostly don't work... its best to just wait it out, otherwise you'll have money down the drain...

tank looks good so far, those rocks you posted are sweet! buuuut wayyyy outta my pocket book. $80 for a 3-5 in piece?! and only 12lbs? no thanks... lol.

can't wait to see the progress :)

Okay I went to a lot of stores yesterday and found some more LR.

Now I have:

22 Pounds of Fiji Live Rock
18 Pounds of Java Live Rock
5 Pounds of Tonga Live Rock
3 Pounds of Bali Live Rock

Total: 48 Pounds of Rock

I added a pump to circulate things around that I had laying around my house. Still waiting for my Koralia Powerhead to get soem additional movement.

Pic Below:

Attachments

• IMG_0601.jpg
    IMG_0601.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 395
Last edited:
Back