60 gal Starphire

Marines_Wife

Reef enthusiast
Been off on my own side of the world for a while and working my a$$ off so I figured I would treat myself. So I redid my entire tank:

24x24x24 Rimless Starphire Cube
20 gal sump
Eheim Return rump, heater, auto feeder
JBJ ATO
100+ lbs Live Rock
New lights, but I confess I cant remember the name right now
Koralia Powerheads x3
Koralia wavemaker

And then there is the livestock. My two clowns made the transition nicely, my watchman jumped out and died :(

Truth time. Ive had a Blue Tang since August of last year. She was so tiny she could hide behind one of my koralia powerheads. Since then she's grown quite a bit and was one of the main factors to my getting a bigger tank :)And since Im being honest I might as well admit to having bought a tiny yellow tang last Sunday. Couldn't resist the poor thing was so beat up I had to bring her home.

Anywho, new tank build new pictures :)
1.jpg

2.jpg

032.jpg

3.jpg

035.jpg

So thats it for now, well aside from my coral, and Ill post pictures of them later

Awesome build :D cant wait to see how it grows and your rump are you sure it fits your 20g sump? I know my rump would take up to much room for a 20g sump....:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen: now if Grech was the return rump that could work because shes fun sized :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Yeah the yellow tang looked pretty bad when I got her here, she has actually buddied up with my blue and looks so much better now. I guess when she was in the store a few of the other fish had a grand time beating the crap out of her :(

Both of them are doing beautifully. They eat well and love swimming around the tank. My blue tang is getting to the point where she will outgrow my current tank so Im not sure what I will do with her then. Ive grown attached to her so it may be time to build a new big tank....

Yeah the yellow tang looked pretty bad when I got her here, she has actually buddied up with my blue and looks so much better now. I guess when she was in the store a few of the other fish had a grand time beating the crap out of her :(

Both of them are doing beautifully. They eat well and love swimming around the tank. My blue tang is getting to the point where she will outgrow my current tank so Im not sure what I will do with her then. Ive grown attached to her so it may be time to build a new big tank....

How do you know they are both girls? Did you take a "fish sexing" class? Do they have pig tails? Do they fight over a Mrs. Beezley doll?

Its obvious by the classy way they swim ;)

I would love love love a baby hippo tang, but im in an upstairs apartment with questionable construction that im not allowed to mess with. I assure you when i get a house, the 8ft long tank will be installed before my bed is lol!

Until then, ill just have to watch finding nemo with the kiddies LOL

So basically, you've never peeked between the fins, or reached under to give a little tickle? But you're certain they are girls?

Back