75 gallon stock question

xxjrealxx

Reefing newb
So I have a 75 gallon reef and my stock is two mated clowns and a yellow tang
And wanted to add 3 chromis (so they can school) and one sand sifting goby. Do you guys think that would be to many or I should be good to go. Also maybe a coral beauty (love those things)

Another question , I have a acrylic tank with rim on all sides and two service holes in the middle ,should I still be worried about the goby jumping or with the rims sides its ok ?

First a 75 is a little small for a tang, the rest of the fish should be fine, but if I were you I would screen the top of my tank...any fish has the ability to jump...especially a goby.

Yea the yellow tang is a temp visitor he's small at the moment. once he grows he's going to the fish store or my buddy's with a 180

I would think you would be fine with that stock list. There are a couple tangs that do well in a 75, if you're still interested in keeping a tang. The three chromis, goby, and angel should all be fine, although you might want to wait on adding the angel until you rehome the tang, just to keep from overstocking initially. Eventually you could probably have a total of 8 fish, after your tank is mature. I will warn you that your tang might pick on new additions; they can be a little territorial after they get well established.

I personally don't see a problem with adding the Chromis or the Goby.Gobies do like to jump,so keep that on mind.
Also be aware that a coral beauty has a 50/50 chance of munching on corals.

I would think you would be fine with that stock list. There are a couple tangs that do well in a 75, if you're still interested in keeping a tang. The three chromis, goby, and angel should all be fine, although you might want to wait on adding the angel until you rehome the tang, just to keep from overstocking initially. Eventually you could probably have a total of 8 fish, after your tank is mature. I will warn you that your tang might pick on new additions; they can be a little territorial after they get well established.

What tangs would fit in my 75?

Any of the bristletooth tangs (kole, striped, white tail, tomini, etc.) and the chocolate tang (aka lemonpeel mimic tang) all do fine in a 75 as adults. So tangs aren't completely out of the question. You just have to be careful in your selection.

Flame is same, 50/50. I have a coral beauty in one tank and a flame in another and they leave my coral alone, but that could change overnight. They are also well fed, as I feed twice a day.

Back