8 Year Old Tang....

I feel the same way..anybody with enough money can go buy a big fish, but to keep fish the majority of their life and watch them grow IMO is more satisfying.

Especially with the CLOWN TRIGGER....When there young they have this really cool pattern on the body that has Polka Dots that really stand out at you......As they grow older they become more dominate of the Tank and usually end up Ruling the roost....

Mine...(BUTCH) would actually let me HOLD him up in my hand while I placed a nice juicy piece of Table Shrimp in his mouth....I loved that guy.....I sold him to my LFS that still has him on display...I go there often and my LFS owner let's me feed him to show the customers....PREDATORS are AWESOME!!!

My yellow tang is 12+ yrs old. My Yellow eyed Kole tang is 8 yrs old and the Scopas tang is 6 yrs old. I`m sorry for your loss.

029.jpg

They eat mostly vegetable matter. Dried seaweed, spirulina flakes and occasional mysis. I also put a big ball of grape calerpa in there once a week. It might last 3 days. They are herbivores and need plenty of greens.

Sorry for your lost.It's never easy to lose fish especially ones you had for many years.

Most of time,I've upgraded or move away so the closest is maybe six years.I'm especially proud of keeping a mandarin for over five years.My current bartletts,maldives lyretails and purple tang have been with me for over two,maybe three years.

I thought you had a purple for some reason,someone does,I know i want one
Anyway ,great looking group of tangs:Cheers:

They eat mostly vegetable matter. Dried seaweed, spirulina flakes and occasional mysis. I also put a big ball of grape calerpa in there once a week. It might last 3 days. They are herbivores and need plenty of greens.

K+ on the Seaweed, Spirulina and the Calerpa....

But if I put a large ball of Grape Calerpa in my DT it would only last about 3 Minutes Tops...much less 3 Days. That's Weird!

Sorry for your lost.It's never easy to lose fish especially ones you had for many years.

Most of time,I've upgraded or move away so the closest is maybe six years.I'm especially proud of keeping a mandarin for over five years.My current bartletts,maldives lyretails and purple tang have been with me for over two,maybe three years.

Purple Tangs will live LONG life spans if kept in the right environment....Mine is now being hurassed by one of my Yellow Tangs and they TAIL each other several times daily. WHY YOU HATEN TANGS....CAN'T YOU ALL JUST GET ALONG???

Last edited:
No Worries...

Tangs are quite aggressive and it's part of their nature. It is hard to have many tangs and never see any aggression....it comes with the territory i guess.

Thanks Yote.....

I lose one every now and then.....The good news is they are dying of Old Age as apposed to Disease or poor water quality.

I`m talking a softball size wad of grape calerpa. It wont last but a few days.

How many Grazers do you have? I have 4 Tangs a Vlamangi, A Copperband, A Longnose Butterfly among others....

Also where are you getting Softball size helpings of Grape Calerpa to be used for just feeding?

I have it growing in my Fuge but not at that growth rate?

Sorry about your loss. I love hearing that fish can live long lives.

My oldest fish is only about three years old. But this little yellow tail damsel is bullet proof. He was part of the brave experimental team that went in when my tank was just two weeks old. I knew nothing about saltwater and made all sorts of mistakes. Once during a grave heating debacle, he was lying on the bottom on his side and was so pale he looked white. I wonder how long damsels can live for.

Last edited:
Back