911 Anenome Help Help Help

RyanG

Reef enthusiast
So I came home froma birthday party and walked in to see this.

IMG00108-20100205-2106.jpg

When I left it was 100% good looking, extended and bulbed out. We fed the tank, with brine/spirulina before we left. It had regurgitated its stomach contents and the clowns were both inside the anenome fighting like cats and dogs. So what could be the cause? Getting ready to test the parameters now.

It was all limp around the edges(the brown part) and the tentacles looked very deflated. Its looking a little better now already. I wonder if the clowns fighting might have stunned it or something?

Well don't I feel like a tool.:oops: I guess I was paying to close attention...although it did avert a near catastrophe. The NO3 levels are way too high for this tank. Ill be doing another large water change tomorrow(already did 10 gallons). But the nem is looking much healthier already.

I just looked at member karensroseanenomes website and it is exactly what was going on. Who knew I would panic over an anenome that shat.

http://www.karensroseanemones.com/deflating.htm

Thanks everyone for your help, especially Yote and Alexander for the behind the scenes work! Its good to have great friends.

Last edited:
See Ryan your avatar is a perfect match for you..... :bounce: Eternal Dumbass :bowdown: See Ryan licking the glass window on the short bus

I keep waiting for catastrophe to RAIL THE CRAP outta biffs tank out of karma for all the smack talk shooting from her computer like a sprinkler. :mrgreen:

No way. That pair of clowns are going to make me a MILLIONAIRE I say! I'm not putting them into the 10 gallon fish death tank!

Back