A cool Zoa or a Acan

Cool Zoa or Acan?

• Zoanthid

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Acan

Votes: 12 70.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
i voted Acan too. they have some sweet colors available.

yeah, whoever is making those is doing a great job!!! I am waiting to special order a superman blue, red and yellow one. I can't seem to get through to the manufacturer! :mrgreen::mrgreen:

-Doc

I just got my first acan last week. for free! of course it is bleached (which is why the lfs gave it too me) getting bleached corals is exciting to me. It's like a box of chocolats, you never know what color you're going to get. :)

I now have 2 acans. I am not sure they have the wild colors most of us are enamored with. Hard to tell on small frags. I spent a long time looking at different corals to try and find what I liked. I finally settled on Acans without knowing that they were popular with a lot of other reefers. I now realize, by dumb luck, that I fell in love with the most expensive LPS corals. Figures. :roll: :grumble:

I do like cool zoas too.

At first, I thought that I wanted an SPS dominated tank. That was before I realized how much the lights cost for a dedicated SPS tank. YOWZAA!! My pockets ain't that deep.

I usually like anything thats not GREEN. I hate reef tanks that look like 15 different shades of green. I like the bright, vibrant colors-- reds--purples, blues--orange- etc..

I say buy what you like. Figure out what you are drawn too and find cool colors.

Is there any living flesh on it?

yes, there are two large heads, and 4 or 5 smaller ones. I have noticed what looks like feeder tentacles extended late in the evening before the lights go out. hopefully they will rebound and get some color back to them. I had pretty good luck with the half dead trumpet that I rescued several months ago. hopefully acans are as hardy as the trumpets.

Back