A few hitchhikers

Supraz

Reefing newb
Can someone help me identify these....

Red Algae on a rock that seems to be spreading...
algae.jpg

algae2.jpg

Some kind of anemones??
anemoe1.jpg

anemoe2.jpg

anemoe3.jpg

anemoe4.jpg

anemoe5.jpg

anemoe6.jpg

I wasnt sure if they were mojos... I found some aiptasia in there and now im paranoid about everything...

the red algae looks like coraline if I'm looking at the right part of the pic and its good. That little orange looking thing almost looks like a small LPS coral of some sort. Some of the anenomes look like aptiasia which if it is kill it.

I also have this worm that i cant get a picture of. Hes about the diameter of the inside of a pen, the part that holds the ink. From what i can tell its extremely long. He never comes all the way out of the rock. Hes a maroonish color. Has three antennea from what ive seen. Tiny black eyes. Ive seen this thing move rather large rocks for his size with his mouth. Then he tries to pull them into his hole. He has a large mouth considering the size of his eyes and body. Sound familiar to anyone? Hes extremely skidish.

VA the clear anemone looking things on that rock have the same exoskeleton as the orange ones thats whats confusing me. Could they actually be coral too?

The orange thing looks like a favia (brain coral). The clearish white animals with balls on the tips of their tentacles are ball anemones -- which are not harmful.

Your tank is too young to support that condy anemone.

Oh and that worm I just described I googled and im 99% sure its an Eunice worm.... :| I have empty turbo snail shells next to where hes hiding... :(

I swear my eyes must be going as I get older. That first one looked brown but on closer look I now see the hint of clear arms. I've never heard of an Eunice worm what do they eat turbo snails or something?

I have red macro-algae spreading slowly thru my tank. I've been told its good. Some of my snails are covered with it.

DSC02098_1024x768.jpg

Those ball anemone looking things are actually a type of cup coral.
If you'll feed them,maybe they'll survive.:D

I got a terrible video of it...
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YV7WFex_Ie0]YouTube - video-2010-04-12-19-17-38[/ame]

Thanks for the info Yote! What should I be feeding them?

My Condy Anemone has moved completely into that crack thats in the first pic. Is this going to be a problem? Im not sure I can get him out without taking apart all the rocks.
algae.jpg

I like frozen cyclops which I just drop about a 1/2 cube into the tank.But anything small.The cyclops,Brightwells zooplankton products are great to and you dont have to thaw them.

Just keep a close eye on the condy.That way you'll know if it starts going down hill.

Back