A few new questions

Melonbob

Reef enthusiast
I am starting to get quite a collection of corals, at this point this is what I have in the tank.

Anthilia
green leather
two other leathers
Gorgonian
Frogspawn
Torch
close brain
GSP
ricordea (small)
Three shrooms
A Colt
Orange spot polyp

Anyways, first question. I do nothing to supplement my tank besides Seachem Reef Carbonate and Reef Complete as I was a bit low on both calcium and Alk. Should I be adding anything to supplement their feeding? I know they filter feed, but now there is a good amount.

Also I've probably asked this before but what can I add now to get more colour. I know Biffer said it once, but with all the softies I have a pile of pink and little else. I need some bright vivid colours! I keep seeing wickid colours on palys, zoos and acans etc. but I know nothing about any of these, although that sort of thing would be a good choice as I'm looking for stuff that doesn't take up alot of tank. Or maybe more choices like the gorgonian, which is vertical but doesn't move alot. Anyways, looking for suggestions! Thanks gang

The corals you have will do fine without any supplements.All they need is pretty good water quality and some light.

As for the brighter colored softies.Check into some of those bright zoas.Their no harder to keep than any of the corals you already have.Acans are great,their not that hard either.

Mushrooms and zoas come in every color imaginable. Blastomussa are also very colorful. How about adding a crocea clam for color? They are usually purple, green and blue. Open brains are easy to take care of and are really pretty too.

There are many types of corals that have wild colors.Biff pretty much list them but I'm going to list them too and then some........

Blastos,Acan Lords,mushroom corals,zoos and palys,Scolymia,Cynarina,Echinophyllia(Chalice) and many,many brains

All the ones I listed don't require high light and don't require any supplemental feeding. I'd consider the ones I listed easy.

As for the ones that Freak added, acans are easy to take care of, but they do cost a lot up front. Not cheapo coral by any means. The rest he listed are also easy.

With any brains, you CAN feed them small meaty pieces, but it's not necessary.

All the ones I listed are easy to moderately easy.None of the ones I listed needs any supplemental feeding unless you want them to grow faster.Too me,it seems the more colorful the more pricey.

Back