A really good sand sifter

AnthonyTheNewbie

Reef enthusiast
So turns out, after I'd feed my fish a cube of frozen mysis and I'd leave for work, my gf and four year old son would wake up and feed them more mysis and a piss ton of flake food :frustrat:. Need a good sand sifter now. Opinions?

I would actually suggest putting up an electric fence around your tank. I know of a few people that have had tanks destroyed by kids

I would actually suggest putting up an electric fence around your tank. I know of a few people that have had tanks destroyed by kids

The next new invention! LOL.

Im hoping to teach my 2 daughters about the fish at a young enough age so that I dont have any issues. Keeping my fingers crossed.

My tank is so tall a little kid would need a ladder...and I dont have little kids anymore.

+1 on the cuc. You don't want to add anymore fish right now because it'll add to the bioload, but snails and crabs won't.

+1 everyone Been there, done that. My daughter dumped a sh*t ton of pellets...the day before we were leaving for vacatiton! But I siphoned them out, did a water change, and all was well.

FYI, ditch the flakes...they're chalk full of phosphates, and just not a healthy food. If you want dry food to supplement, go with a pellet, like Formula One :)

+1 everyone Been there, done that. My daughter dumped a sh*t ton of pellets...the day before we were leaving for vacatiton! But I siphoned them out, did a water change, and all was well.

FYI, ditch the flakes...they're chalk full of phosphates, and just not a healthy food. If you want dry food to supplement, go with a pellet, like Formula One :)

Do they make ultrasmall pellets? I am afraid he wont get enough to eat? Didnt know about the flakes! +1 on your part

Thanks for the advice everyone, unfortunately my gf knows nothing about fish, so when i mentioned it to her that I was thinking about a new goby she ran right out and got one. So, got a Diamond Watchmen Goby now. I'm going to invest in a bunch more CUC at some point, only have about 15lbs of LR at the moment, so I'm a little afraid they won't have much too eat. Unless they'll be fine with me adding the pellets for them? And, all the fish will be good if I switch over from flakes to pellets? Thanks again everyone :)

The fish would do much better if you feed them a variety of frozen foods.

However, you REALLY need to stop adding fish to your tank. You should be only adding one or two fish every month. And you also also only have 1 fish for every 10 gals, so you should have about 6 fish in totally. You are way past that and are heading for a lot of trouble. I think that is why that chromis died, you have too many fish in your tank too soon.

Okay thanks, I'm done buying fish for it now. Now I'm just waiting for the rocks, then waiting for life to grow on them, then I'm gonna do corals. Also, was thinking about possibly trading the two damsels back to my LFS. They are a little more aggressive with the other fish then I'd like. Opinions?

Okay thanks, I'm done buying fish for it now. Now I'm just waiting for the rocks, then waiting for life to grow on them, then I'm gonna do corals. Also, was thinking about possibly trading the two damsels back to my LFS. They are a little more aggressive with the other fish then I'd like. Opinions?

Yep, its called the no fish. Its invisible and you dont feed it! Read what little fish wrote, she and all of us want to help you, now its in your hands :-)

Damsels are well known for bullying other fish to death, returning them would probably be a great idea. But I wouldnt replace them another fish, not for a very long time anyways.

NOTHING good happens fast in a reef tank.

Thanks again, wasn't gonna add anything. And to lighten the bioload, I can take the Chromis out and put him in the 10 Gal with the clown for now. Both are established so, would that be better to lighten the load?

Back