About time for an update

Nedim

Reefing newb
I've done some work on the 46 bow over the last few months. Thought I would share a few pics.

08_08_07_2232.jpg

08_08_07_1055.jpg

08_08_07_2233.jpg

I've changed the means of filtration. The canister filter was causing high nitrates so I swapped it for a double biowheel and 10lb more LR. I've also got the coralife super skimmer rated for something like 200g, and a 15w sterilizer running.

Nice aquascape. looks like things are comming along. with the recent changes/upgrades your system should do better. keep us posted.

Looks great.
Hows that Harliquine(sp?) tusk doing?

He's doing great. I did some research before I got him. He's feeding on brine shrimp and krill. Quickly becoming the boldest fish in the tank. I cant keep any cleaner shrimp, however.

He's doing great. I did some research before I got him. He's feeding on brine shrimp and krill. Quickly becoming the boldest fish in the tank. I cant keep any cleaner shrimp, however.

Tusks are amazing fish, very pretty. But not only will he eat cleaner shrimp, he will chomp on any invert in your tank. I hope you knew this already.

BTW, tank looks good Nedim

Last edited:
Tusks are amazing fish, very pretty. But not only will he eat cleaner shrimp, he will chomp on any invert in your tank. I hope you knew this already.

BTW, tank looks good Nedim

Thanks

I don't believe thats accurate, however. They are normally compatible with coral. I've read that they have been successfully kept in reef tanks with no coral nipping/eating. My belief is that alot of fish that turn into coral nippers arent adequately fed. Just my two cents though.

You mention that You're getting T5 lighting.What did you decide on?I'm sure its going to be great.Does that mean you're going reef,Nedim?

I wouldn't worry about heat.They run pretty cool for florescents,maybe cooler than what you have now.The fan and tank riser will help alot with that.

You wont have issues with heat off that light Nedim.Just go with the 432 watt fixture and IMO you can keep anything.

Back