About time

JAKELABOB

Chive On!!
So after lurking in the shadows for months, using the search feature, and soaking up info like a dry sponge.......the tank is up and running!! :bounce:
Tank info:
50 gallon display
20 gallon sump
Odyssea 156w T5 lighting w/ timer (2-10k, 2-Actinic)
2-425 Koralia power heads
60lbs of base rock, 5lbs of live rock (aka the dirty seed)
40lbs of sand
Reef Octopus 4 - on its way
2-100W heaters
Odyssea 1000 pump (it was inexpensive, hums a bit but not enough to piss me off......yet)

Take a look, enjoy, and let me know what you think

Full shot
jakelabob-albums-tank-build-picture1636-another.jpg

Closer
jakelabob-albums-tank-build-picture1637-full-shot.jpg

side view
jakelabob-albums-tank-build-picture1635-side-view.jpg

downpipes and return lines
jakelabob-albums-tank-build-picture1633-downpipes-return-lines-scwd.jpg

Sump.....
jakelabob-albums-tank-build-picture1638-sump.jpg

and another
jakelabob-albums-tank-build-picture1639-another-sump.jpg

DIM (did it myself) Stand
jakelabob-albums-tank-build-picture1640-dim-did-myself-stand.jpg

jakelabob-albums-tank-build-picture1634-rock-seeding-my-tank.jpg

Looks great .. welcome aboard..
One thing I would change is move the rock into the drain section so you can throw macroo in the middle of the sump..

Thanks for the compliments everyone! Couldn't have done it without all the info on here.

I was planning on some chaeto in the middle section once the cycle has finished, or can I throw it now?

yes this is my first saltwater tank.......I've wanted to do this for a couple years now, so I've had plenty of time to do my research.

The cycle appears to be at its end (I'm gonna give it a few more days for good measure) so I'll get some pics of my first additions once they are in their new home!

Very nice set-up!!!

Pump Humm... my Mag Pump did that also. I put an Algae scrubber sponge ( guess anything could work ) under it so the pump was not directly on the glass... and no more humm noise. The fans on my light actually make more noise than my sump system.

Keep posting pics.. looks great!

Back